Launch Internet Explorer in Channelmode (like pressing F11)

I have beating my head against this all day. I have searched here and Googled until my brain has almost fried!

I am writing an AutoIT script to serve as a kiosk screen for applicants coming into our Human Resource dept. There are 2 buttons and each will launch a website through Internet Explorer (company mandated browser).

In order to keep sufficient control of the workstation I need to open the browsers in channelmode (not -channelband or even -k kiosk mode). See the site below to see the results I am looking for: (although they are doing it with javascript)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window2.htm

This is also very similar to the look you get when you open IE and then press F11.

Does anyone know how to accmplish this in AutoIT??

Also, it looks like my next hurdle will be disabling Ctrl-Esc and the Windows keys. Any pokes in the right direction would also be greatly appreciated.

Edited by MuffinMan

I have beating my head against this all day. I have searched here and Googled until my brain has almost fried!

I am writing an AutoIT script to serve as a kiosk screen for applicants coming into our Human Resource dept. There are 2 buttons and each will launch a website through Internet Explorer (company mandated browser).

In order to keep sufficient control of the workstation I need to open the browsers in channelmode (not -channelband or even -k kiosk mode). See the site below to see the results I am looking for: (although they are doing it with javascript)

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window2.htm

This is also very similar to the look you get when you open IE and then press F11.

Does anyone know how to accmplish this in AutoIT??

Also, it looks like my next hurdle will be disabling Ctrl-Esc and the Windows keys. Any pokes in the right direction would also be greatly appreciated.

How about using _IEPropertySet to set the browser to "theatermode"?

Thanks guys that works pretty well - it will certainly do for my purposes.

I am been searching through these forums quite a bit and just for the record, there's no way in AutoIT to capture / disable / redirect the CTRL+ESC combo or any of the WIndows key combos, right?

Thanks again for all your help!