COM Refrence Unload needed?

I am using Torrels iTunes COM UDF.

When I try to close iTunes after registering the COM object with ObJcreate() iTunes prompts about a closing when scripting interface is in use.

Simply want to do away with it...just unloading the OBJ with it's $objname=0 doesn't quite do it.

I read that it may have references still in use...any ideas guys?

[sup]Psibernetic[/sup]My Creations:X-HideSecuracy

iTunes probably keeps track of programs that connect to its COM interface. I've heard of application plugins such as Pidgin's having the same problem. You're probably stuck with closing your application in order to get iTunes to close properly.

One thing you could try is isolating the object code to a secondary program (i.e. MainProgram.exe calls iTunesPlugin.exe) in order to create the object, use it, delete it, then close the application without having to shutdown your main program in the process.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

iTunes probably keeps track of programs that connect to its COM interface. I've heard of application plugins such as Pidgin's having the same problem. You're probably stuck with closing your application in order to get iTunes to close properly.

One thing you could try is isolating the object code to a secondary program (i.e. MainProgram.exe calls iTunesPlugin.exe) in order to create the object, use it, delete it, then close the application without having to shutdown your main program in the process.

What it turned out to be is Global variables were holding com methods: $iTunesApp.selectedTrack() so returning them from a function works fine, but clearing out the globals ="" doesnt work for whatever the reason.

[sup]Psibernetic[/sup]My Creations:X-HideSecuracy