Error with checking if 2 pieces of data exist :-(

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with a piece of code and was wondering if someone could look at it for me. I'm trying to check some data in an .ini file and if either

of the types doesn't exist then a messagebox will be displayed.

But if one is available then my code just proceeds.

$drive_type = IniRead(@scriptdir & "\Configuration.ini","DRIVE_TYPE", "type","")
            if not StringInStr($drive_type, "NAS")or if not StringInStr($drive_type, "REMOVABLE")then
            msgbox(16,"ERROR","Cannot determine your backup device." & @CRLF & "Please check Configuration.ini.",0)
        exit
        endif

Thanks

Your syntax is wrong. Do you have the full SciTe? If not download it, it has syntax checking. Makes your life a hell of a lot easier.

$drive_type = "NAS"
MsgBox (0, "", $drive_type)
If Not StringInStr($drive_type, "NAS") Or Not StringInStr($drive_type, "REMOVABLE") Then
    MsgBox(16, "ERROR", "Cannot determine your backup device." & @CRLF & "Please check Configuration.ini.", 0)
;Exit
EndIf

$drive_type = "REMOVABLE AND NAS"
If Not StringInStr($drive_type, "NAS") Or Not StringInStr($drive_type, "REMOVABLE") Then
    MsgBox(16, "ERROR", "Cannot determine your backup device." & @CRLF & "Please check Configuration.ini.", 0)
;Exit
EndIf

$drive_type = "REMOVABLE"
;Exit
EndIf

Thanks I will have to check.

I just tried the following and it didn't work..Hmm

$drive_type = IniRead(@scriptdir & "\Configuration.ini","DRIVE_TYPE", "type","")

;Exit
EndIf

$drive_type = "NAS"
If StringInStr($drive_type, "NAS") = 0 Or StringInStr($drive_type, "REMOVABLE") = 0 Then
;Exit
EndIf

$drive_type = "REMOVABLE AND NAS"
If StringInStr($drive_type, "NAS") = 0 Or StringInStr($drive_type, "REMOVABLE") = 0 Then
;Exit
EndIf

$drive_type = "REMOVABLE"
;Exit
EndIf

Maybe?

I don't have a crystal ball, none of us do... Post the content of a sample INI.

Edited by BrettF

Yep you got it :mellow:

cheers

EDIT

----

hmm. I've found a solution. Does the following code seem Okay?

If StringInStr($drive_type, "NAS") Or StringInStr($drive_type, "LOCAL") Then
;proceeds to next part of code and doesn't display msgbox

Else
    exit
EndIf
Edited by jbennett