Trivial push button question?

ZenKensei

Group,

Just a question, below is a snippet of code I'm using in an install package.

$Sprint = GUICtrlCreateButton("Sprint Client", 15, 85, 80, 25)
$Cisco = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cisco Client", 108, 85, 80, 25)
$Full = GUICtrlCreateButton("Full Install", 60, 115, 80, 25,$BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON )
$Close = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 60, 145, 80, 25)

The "Full Install" button is designated as the default button (and properly displays the dark/bold button border), however the "Sprint Client" button still receives the dotted outline. I'm concerned the users attention will be drawn to the "Sprint Client" button because they may see the dotted line instead of the darker border of the "Full Install". I know it sounds trivial but I try never to underestimate the stupidity of the end user. Is there a way, other than re-arranging the buttons in the GUI, to make the "Full Install" button have not only the 'Default' button characteristics and the dotted line notation? I've tried several of the GUI control styles without success, any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ZK

Larry,

DOH! I didn't think about that! Is that a an inherent action of the GUICtrlCreateButton (or is it in the GUI code in general)? I don't remember reading anything about that type of logic. Would that functionality carry over to other GUI actions as well, i.e. whatever is first created always receives controlfocus?

Thanks,

ZK

P.S. I know many of the users have expressed thanks for all your hard work on AutoIt (as well as the rest of the AutoIt team) just wanted to add my personal thanks as well.

Group,

Just a question, below is a snippet of code I'm using in an install package.

$Sprint = GUICtrlCreateButton("Sprint Client", 15, 85, 80, 25)
$Cisco = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cisco Client", 108, 85, 80, 25)
$Full = GUICtrlCreateButton("Full Install", 60, 115, 80, 25,$BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON )
$Close = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 60, 145, 80, 25)

The "Full Install" button is designated as the default button (and properly displays the dark/bold button border), however the "Sprint Client" button still receives the dotted outline. I'm concerned the users attention will be drawn to the "Sprint Client" button because they may see the dotted line instead of the darker border of the "Full Install". I know it sounds trivial but I try never to underestimate the stupidity of the end user. Is there a way, other than re-arranging the buttons in the GUI, to make the "Full Install" button have not only the 'Default' button characteristics and the dotted line notation? I've tried several of the GUI control styles without success, any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ZK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you want to have the focus on a control you need to use

GuiCtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_FOCUS) no need to use ControlFocus more reserve to non Gui created control. But it works too. :lmao: