OCR

Insolence

This reads letters for a game (Diablo II) since AutoIT cannot read them.

Compiled version most likely won't work because it uses static pixels/coords etc, so I suggest you just modify the source.

http://kildkilgore.com/old/images/untitled.bmp

Use the image provided, please rearrange letters and stuff, try to mess it up... but realize you have to have atleast one pixel between lines and each character must be two pixels apart.

Should be the only restrictions.

Also I haven't added a way to detect spaces, this should be easy but I'm pretty exhuasted as it is.

Compiled version

EDIT:

Fixed script, forgot to upload definitions...

Also, demo image:

http://kildkilgore.com/old/images/AutoIT.bmp

Real_OCR.au3

Character_Definitions.au3

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Man, this has sure taken forever. Great script. :lmao:

[quote name='d2hacker88' date='Jan 6 2005, 05:10 PM']Can someone please help me out with autoit like gimme a link on how to use it cause i have no experience with computer languages and i'd like to make a program with autoit in order to empress my computer teacher.[right][snapback]52215[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Thanks a ton :lmao:

It only took me a few hours to 'write' but to get it to work... what a bitch!

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

• 1 year later...

Can you point me in the right direction for creating my own Character Definitions? Your OCR seems to be pretty fast, and I think with the right char. defs it'd be perfect for the script I'm making. It involves reading numbers and text from a windowed game.

@Aztec:

Insolence

Not distastefully arrogant

Member Group: Members

Last Active 14th March 2006 - 10:16 AM

Just pointing it out...

#)

• 7 months later...

Hey this is pretty nice. Just wondering, have you seen MM.bot's work? I can send you it if you like. Instead of doing what you did, it has it's own data file you replace in your diablo 2 directory. MM.bot is really INCREDIBLE, I've been using mine for over 4 months.

Awaiting Diablo III..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Is insolence following up with this? I am currently using a MODI based OCR in a game script I have written and although it works OK its not 100% perfect. I was wondering if I could get some help in applying this to my script? I know the font that the window I am OCR'ing uses, and I know the size(s) of the space between lines and characters (I should note that Autoit however cannot read the text -thus the OCR route). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers