Newbie help please

Hi,

I'd like to be able to read data coming into my data terminal session in Procomm Plus and have

my AutoIt script analyse that data, then automate what is done next.

I can get AutoIt to start Procomm and make the (telnet) connection to the target(s), I can automate

the keys that are sent, generally this is fine, but figuring out how to read the incoming strings

from the targets is the final bit in the jigsaw for me.

Would be very grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi,

I'd like to be able to read data coming into my data terminal session in Procomm Plus and have

my AutoIt script analyse that data, then automate what is done next.

I can get AutoIt to start Procomm and make the (telnet) connection to the target(s), I can automate

the keys that are sent, generally this is fine, but figuring out how to read the incoming strings

from the targets is the final bit in the jigsaw for me.

Would be very grateful for any pointers.

Thanks,

Stuart

Procomm Plus has its own scripting language called 'Aspect' (I used to use it years ago). Have you investigated just using that?

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi,

Thanks for this, yes. I've been using Aspect for a very long time and I'm a huge fan of it.

However, for the applications that I have in mind either AutoIt or Powershell will be better

for two main reasons:-

[1]

For example, depending on what the terminal window gets back from my session host I may

need to query a database..populate a GUI etc. Which tends to get a bit more involved in that

language than I want to get.

[2]

My customer is considering pulling the plug on the use of telnet. Curses. No telnet means no

Procomm. Thats why I'm now keen to use AutoIt or Powershell.

So far I can get EVERYTHING I need going, except reading the input going to the terminal window.

Hope this explains why I want to use AutoIT.

Cheers,

Stuart

... reading the input going to the terminal window. ...

I'm confused - t'ain't nothin' new.

StdinWrite to simulate a human typing into the Procomm app

StdoutRead to simulate a human reading info from the Procomm app

Is some other app causing "the input going to the terminal window" and you want AutoIt3 to read that info?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I'm confused - t'ain't nothin' new.

StdinWrite to simulate a human typing into the Procomm app

StdoutRead to simulate a human reading info from the Procomm app

Is some other app causing "the input going to the terminal window" and you want AutoIt3 to read that info?

I don't have it to play with any more, but I think it winds up being custom app control that you can't read text from directly, sort of like a command line window.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law