Autohotkey

cmallett

I'm not a glory hound out to steal AutoIt3's user base. I will always recommend to people who are serious scripters and who want their scripting language to be powerful like Visual Basic to use AutoIt v3 rather than v2 or AutoHotkey. All I want is to offer an alternative to folks who aren't programmers or who prefer their scripting language to be as simple and easy-to-remember as possible.

Edit (Jon): Actions speak louder than words, etc.

Edited by Jon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You have placed adverts on google that directly target AutoIt 3 searches and display a "sponsored links" ad for your app. I tried to think of something more inappropriate than that but have failed.

You have been given a huge amount of leeway in promoting your app on here - even though I get many complaints about it - but if you are happy to pay for your advertising then you go ahead because free advertising here is over and I won't be taken advantage of any more.

Riding the popularity of AutoIt is one thing, but most people who've sent me messages pointing to various ads and usenet posts find your methods totally distasteful and completely at odds with the spirit that AutoIt is developed in.

I can't believe I actually considered recommending your app for people who were unwilling or unable to upgrade. :whistle: