Guicreate

Can anyone tell me why? When the script is first executed the guicreate executes then when it goes for the the second, third and so on through the progresson the guicreate fails to execute.

Opt ("WinWaitDelay", 100)  
Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)  
Opt ("WinDetectHiddenText", 1)  
Opt ("MouseCoordMode", 0)  
Opt ("SendKeyDelay", 0)  
HotKeySet( "{ESC}", "MyExit")  
#include <GUIConstants.au3>  

;Verify window is open and ready  
Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)  
WinWait("Microsoft Word", "")  If Not WinActive("Microsoft Word", "") Then WinActivate("Microsoft Word", "")  WinWaitActive("Microsoft Word", "")  

;Verify window is open and ready  
Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)  WinWait("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display")  If Not WinActive("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display") Then WinActivate("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display")  WinWaitActive("MVS - RUMBA Mainframe Display")

ProgressOn("Progress Meter", "Increments every pass", 1030, 64, "0 percent")  
 For $i = 1 To 100 Step 1    
 Sleep(10)   
 ProgressSet($i, $i & " percent")      

GUICreate("DUNNING INFORMATION", 320, 155, @DesktopWidth / 2 - 160,  @DesktopHeight / 2 - 45, -1, 0x00000018); WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES          

WinSetState("DUNNING INFORMATION -", "", @SW_SHOW)        

$Action = GUICtrlCreateInput("Enter The Action Date", 10, 5, 300, 20)    GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_ACCEPTFILES)        

$Dun = GUICtrlCreateInput("Enter The Dun Number", 10, 35, 300, 20)   GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_ACCEPTFILES)        

$Dollar = GUICtrlCreateInput("Enter the Dollar Amount PD", 10, 65, 300, 20)  GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_ACCEPTFILES)        

$Add = GUICtrlCreateInput("Add Extra Comment - 60 Characters Max", 10, 95, 300, 20)  
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_ACCEPTFILES)         

$btn = GUICtrlCreateButton("PROCEED", 135, 125, 60, 20)  
;GUICtrlSetState(-1,$GUI_FOCUS); the focus is on this button     

GUISetState()    
$msg = 0     
While $msg <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE      
  $msg = GUIGetMsg()        
  Select           
    Case $msg = $btn              
      ExitLoop      
  EndSelect  
WEnd

blah, blah, blah
If you need the whole script I will post it.

GUICreate("DUNNING INFORMATION", 320, 155, @DesktopWidth / 2 - 160,  @DesktopHeight / 2 - 45, -1, 0x00000018); WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES
you dont need the ; and why is WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES in the middle of nowhere? it should be
GUICreate("DUNNING INFORMATION", 320, 155, @DesktopWidth / 2 - 160,  @DesktopHeight / 2 - 45, -1, 0x00000018)
but the reason that it is not working is because the for is before guicreate so it will stop guicreate untill it finishes, just use AdLibEnable and use a variable to show the progress, or you can update it everytime you make another control. correct me if im wrong

ummm maybe use the debug mode to show what line it is on so you can check where it is when it is supposed to be making the gui

EDIT: and the mystical genie says i have an almost complete chance of being wrong!

Edited by Xenogis

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

I see

For $i = 1 To 100 Step 1    

without

"Next"

Are you GUIDelete ing the GUI before creating a new one?

Lar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, GUIDelete() is the next step in the script after the GUICtrlReads from the GUICtrlCreateInputs are placed in the mainframe fields.

Next is at the end of the script

Next

ProgressSet(100, "Complete", "Next Process Input")

Sleep(10)

ProgressOff()

Edit: Downloaded Scite from this site. It found the error of my ways. Most excellent program. My congrads to the developers.

Edited by BattleOfMoonShae

SciTE prevails and fixes the script once again!

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

Yes, GUIDelete() is the next step in the script after the GUICtrlReads from the GUICtrlCreateInputs are placed in the mainframe fields.

Next is at the end of the script

Next

ProgressSet(100, "Complete", "Next Process Input")

Sleep(10)

ProgressOff()

Edit: Downloaded Scite from this site. It found the error of my ways. Most excellent program. My congrads to the developers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi yea you have right scite is nice^^ :lmao: