Copying & Pasting

harle

stupid example...

Function Reference
Call 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calls a user-defined function contained in a string parameter.

Call ( "function" )

Parameters

function The name of the user function to call. 

Return Value

Success: Returns the return value of the called function.
Failure: Sets @error to 1 if the function does not exist.

Remarks

The function cannot take any parameters and cannot be a built-in AutoIt function.

Related

AdlibEnable

click here to save as working example on desktop.<---was talking about adding something like that.

Example

For $i = 1 to 2
    $ret = Call("test" & $i)
    MsgBox(4096,"", $ret)
Next

Func test1()
    Return "Hello"
EndFunc

Func test2()
    Return "Bye"
EndFunc

i hope i haven't confused you more than i already think i have. :whistle:

Oh, you mean a link to automatically create a a script from the example on the current page. Hmm... that might require the use of javascript. Anyone have implementation ideas?

I usually do this:

Highlight and copy text.

Right-click desktop, New, AutoIt v3 Script

Double-click file

Paste text

I suppose you could use a script to automate this process :-)

If you want, I could post a zip file containing each example in its own script file (Abs.au3 through WinWaitNotActive.au3).

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

yo may have given me and idea. chm files are pretty much generic web browsers correct? cooking up and idea. how about either post every example to a .au3 file and save in a golder when autoit is is installed, and just create a link o all they have to do is just click on it to save to desktop or whatever. :whistle: if chm files are just generic web broswers.

I'm on NT4, me. MSIE v 6.0.2600.0000 .. and my ^a also doesn't work.

Interesting to note though :whistle: : AutoitSpy reveals that what looks like a dropdown combobox actually has a textbox overlayed (leaving only the button exposed). Which suggests even more that ^a should work there. Curiouser and curiouser B)

I'm on NT4, me. MSIE v 6.0.2600.0000 .. and my ^a also doesn't work.

Interesting to note though :whistle: : AutoitSpy reveals that what looks like a dropdown combobox actually has a textbox overlayed (leaving only the button exposed). Which suggests even more that ^a should work there. Curiouser and curiouser  B)

Ctrl+A causes a history of recently used commands to drop down.

But I've discovered that pressing Esc highlights the active item :angry:

I use the filename-completion feature of the explorer address bar* a lot when looking for files, and then I often want to higlight the entire result. I'm so used to using Ctrl+A in text boxes that it bothered me when it didn't work. Yes, I'm a nit-picker!

* May reqiure Windows Me/2000/XP or IE 6 or above.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!