What if something happens?

hkorchek

Hello All-

I am new to using AutoIT and I have successfully created my first script to handle my first need. Currently, I am reading cells from an excel spreadsheet and entering that data into a 3rd party application traversing through its fields. I am wondering if there are ways to handle any unexpected events and how some of you may have gotten around them.

I do not see this happening very often, but what happens when a possible unexpected window pops up? This may throw off the script and give some undesirable results. If I have a process working in a certain order this could also completely destroy my input.

Have any of you ran into this problem trying to automate large tasks. One task will be entering new users into an application (about 100 of them) and the script is sensitive to where the cursor is (tabbing through each field)

A solution might be While Winactive("My Gui"). That way when the window isn't active the script stops. Play around with that. I usually use a few winactivates and winwaitactives to keep my scripts on course.

The problem I may run into that some of the confirmation windows are windows within the application (does not show on the taskbar). I am not anticipating anything popping up, but I would like to try to work around them if they do occur.