switches to autoit

ennis

are there any switches that i can pass to autoit for it to set its path to the local folder and not the user profile folder?

MY problem: I restart the machine in the middle of thee script and need it to run again at logon. Script is located remotely. Regedit doesnt like me specifying "\\MACHINE\autoit3.exe \\MACHINE\script.au3"

and autoit3 doesnt like "\\MACHINE\autoit3.exe script.au3"

Itried using a mapping but windows doesnt map it in time..so it tries to run the script before the map exists.. i could make another script that gets copied locally and that runs my remote script after mapping...but thats not the way id like to go.

any ideas appreciated

are there any switches that i can pass to autoit for it to set its path to the local folder and not the user profile folder?

MY problem: I restart the machine in the middle of thee script and need it to run again at logon. Script is located remotely. Regedit doesnt like me specifying "\\MACHINE\autoit3.exe \\MACHINE\script.au3"

Itried using a mapping but windows doesnt map it in time..so it tries to run the script before the map exists.. i could make another script that gets copied locally and that runs my remote script after mapping...but thats not  the way id like to go.

any ideas appreciated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While 1
  ; Check for the existance of the map
  ; If the map exists exit this loop
   Sleep(10)
Wend

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

that wont work..the prob isnt in the script its in windows runonce through regedit. I need to launch the script itself not launch it from another script...whos gonna launch the 1st script? this would make it a matter of chicken and egg :lmao:

that wont work..the prob isnt in the script its in windows runonce through regedit. I need to launch the script itself not launch it from another script...whos gonna launch the 1st script? this would make it a matter of chicken and egg  :lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you force the mapping through use of the various command line networking commands, and then continue your script after you force the map?

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

You said it yourself.

This has to do with the way Windows works not AutoIt.

Tip:

Try the Microsoft newsgroups: http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft+newsgroups

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sheeesh....buddy chill...without windows there wouldnt be autoit....are you trying to piss me off for some reason?

Its not a "windows problem" exactly...its my problem that im trying to find a solution to with autoit...is that specific enough for you

sheeesh....buddy chill...without windows there wouldnt be autoit....are you trying to piss me off for some reason?

Its not a "windows problem" exactly...its my problem that im trying to find a solution to with autoit...is that specific enough for you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not mad or something and I didn't mean to piss you off.

Anyway.

That's strange. Do you get an error message? If so what's the message you get?

Edit:

You did specify the full path to the script, right?

Edited by SlimShady

I'm not mad or something and I didn't mean to piss you off.

Anyway.

That's strange. Do you get an error message? If so what's the message you get?

Edit:

You did specify the full path to the script, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

np....yeah autoit looks for the script in the docs&settings folder by default...so it brings up the error cant find script c:\docs.......\script.au3

with both autoit and the script specified using full path in regedit....nothing happens at startup wrt the script

ok more wierdness..

i used to be able to drag a script file to autoit3.exe and it would launch....now i have to double click autoit and so on....so i thoguht at least....i made a test script:

;test.au3

msgbox(1, "g", "ff")

and i could drag this normally like b4...now also i can even launch this from the command line remotely or use a batch script. My script includes a bunch of scripts and all together its 1000+ lines...is there a limitation to the size of the script to be able to launch from command line or drag and drop (remotely located script that is)?? im dumbfounded

Edited by ennis

incase inyone gets in my precarious position...heres my solution to this:

create a batch file and place that in the runonce registry entry. Batch file located remotely.

batch file:

net use j: \\box\dir /persistent:no

cd j:

j:

J:\autoit3 J:\script.au3