MD5 Unhash

If you have a database of hashes, you can guesstimate correct reversals, but for any large length it's impossible. Unless you have a few supercomputers in the garage.

The only reason so reverse an MD5 is to get at passwords, usually. It is an extremely interesting mathematical pursuit, and it's theoretically possible to generate an algorithm that encompasses every possible string for a particular hash.

ae661d08d1ca1576a6efcb82b7bc502f

is the hash of

blah blah

If you have the passphrase, you can generate a list of all possible phrases that result in that hash up to length n. Since generating the phrase for length N consists of iterating through all possible combinations of characters of length N, you are dependent on a brute force method.

As an aside, finding an algorithm for any given passphrase that returns the original hashed value is part of the P vs NP problem; There are general solutions for particular values, but no solutions encompassing the entire problem domain. If I had to retrieve the hashed data, I would need to know how long it was, what type of data it consisted of, and so on, to refine the required brute force approach. Even then, if it was very large, it would take a long time to get the original data.

If a general purpose solution were found that reversed MD5 for arbitrary passphrases, which returned unhashed data of specified length, you'd have a helluva compression method, not to mention a general purpose data transmission dream.

If you have a database of hashes, you can guesstimate correct reversals, but for any large length it's impossible.

Not impossible, Just time consuming.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Or you could use a Rainbow Table. It's an enormous database containing thousands of hashes... but it's very very heavy

I think brute force is the most appropriate method... but it will take ages for long strings

Some Projects:[list][*]ZIP UDF using no external files[*]iPod Music Transfer [*]iTunes UDF - fully integrate iTunes with au3[*]iTunes info (taskbar player hover)[*]Instant Run - run scripts without saving them before :)[*]Get Tube - YouTube Downloader[*]Lyric Finder 2 - Find Lyrics to any of your song[*]DeskBox - A Desktop Extension Tool[/list]indifference will ruin the world, but in the end... WHO CARES :P---------------http://torels.altervista.org