Can I do something like this?

Gobman

Hi guys,

I am really a newcomer - a search on google guided me here. Now I have a task and wonder if AutoIt can help me do it automatically.

Here is the list that I have to do:

1. Run one specific exe file. This is one program which will control my tool.

2. The exe will initialize the tool automatically; this step does not require anything from AutoIt.

3. The last step of initialization will be a popup window. Its first item is a dropdown list to select different user; the second item is a textbox to input password; the third item is a button "OK". I hope AutoIt is able to select the third user in the dropdown list; and input the password, and then click "OK".

4. After #3, go to the third menu, click the first item.

5. One popup window will show; click "OK" button.

6. One common "open file" window will show; select the first file or one specific filename.

7. One information popup will show up; click "Start".

8. One confirmation popup will show up; click "OK".

9. the file will run several test tasks on the tool. If AutoIt is able to detect the time when the tasks are done, that would be great. If not, all tasks will take about 4 minutes. If AutoIt can set a timer for 5 minute.

10. After five minutes, AutoIt to shutdown the program; there is one confirmation with "Yes" and "No" to confirm the shutdown. Click "Yes".

11. Open one log file, and record current time and something like "success 1 time".

12 Set a timer for 10minutes. then start over from #1.

Sorry for a long list. I am looking for a solution to test the functionality of my tool. If AutoIt is able to do all, that would be great and I will stick my head in and start learning...

Thanks. Any comments will be appreciated...

gobman

Any chances that AutoIt can capture any abnormal errors? For example, instead of an expected one window for user/password/OK, it pops up one window showing "fail to communicate with hardware...". Is it possible for AutoIt to capture the error?

If everything in this list is do-able, I would really appreciate if someone can give me an example to start with...

Thanks

gobman

Hi guys,

I am really a newcomer - a search on google guided me here. Now I have a task and wonder if AutoIt can help me do it automatically.

Here is the list that I have to do:

1. Run one specific exe file. This is one program which will control my tool.

2. The exe will initialize the tool automatically; this step does not require anything from AutoIt.

3. The last step of initialization will be a popup window. Its first item is a dropdown list to select different user; the second item is a textbox to input password; the third item is a button "OK". I hope AutoIt is able to select the third user in the dropdown list; and input the password, and then click "OK".

4. After #3, go to the third menu, click the first item.

5. One popup window will show; click "OK" button.

6. One common "open file" window will show; select the first file or one specific filename.

7. One information popup will show up; click "Start".

8. One confirmation popup will show up; click "OK".

9. the file will run several test tasks on the tool. If AutoIt is able to detect the time when the tasks are done, that would be great. If not, all tasks will take about 4 minutes. If AutoIt can set a timer for 5 minute.

10. After five minutes, AutoIt to shutdown the program; there is one confirmation with "Yes" and "No" to confirm the shutdown. Click "Yes".

11. Open one log file, and record current time and something like "success 1 time".

12 Set a timer for 10minutes. then start over from #1.

Sorry for a long list. I am looking for a solution to test the functionality of my tool. If AutoIt is able to do all, that would be great and I will stick my head in and start learning...

Thanks. Any comments will be appreciated...

gobman

Thanks for help. that is encouraging... Do you have or can you point one similar example that I can start with?

gobman

The help file gives examples.

.. I will stick my head in and start learning...

there really is no alternative :mellow:
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

For detecting the text in the messagebox's, Can look at maybe, ControlGetText().

I would make an example, But ive no idea what im making an example for. Lulz.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #