Help File Problem With running Example Codes

why i can not run the example codes direct from help file?

i have Autoit v3.2.12.1 and Latest Beta installed. i reinstalled but it's not working.

Exactly how are you trying to run them? If it requires a Beta function, you need to use Alt-F5 vice F5 to run it, for example.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You are right "Open this Script" button is missing, how to fix this problem?

This sounded familiar and recent, so I searched a little and found a fix posted by Jos: opening an example inside AutoIt.chm in SciTE

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

This sounded familiar and recent, so I searched a little and found a fix posted by Jos: opening an example inside AutoIt.chm in SciTE

thanks PsaltyDS, i compiled the script > copied the compiled exe to AtoIt3 folder > Run the file and it successfully registered the ocx. but i am still having the same problem and i can not run the scripts from help file because "Open this Script" button is not there. see the image in my first post of this thread. thanks.

thanks PsaltyDS, i compiled the script > copied the compiled exe to AtoIt3 folder > Run the file and it successfully registered the ocx. but i am still having the same problem and i can not run the scripts from help file because "Open this Script" button is not there. see the image in my first post of this thread. thanks.

I'm not sure. The problem before was the button didn't work. It was always at least present. Did you install the full SciTE4AutoIt3, or just the minimal version that is packed with AutoIt?

• Developers

I'm not sure. The problem before was the button didn't work. It was always at least present. Did you install the full SciTE4AutoIt3, or just the minimal version that is packed with AutoIt?

Don't think that will do much to solve this issue :(

The only reason for this issue I have seen till now is that there is a problem with the registration of hhctrl.ocx which was solved by doing the this command: regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx

Maybe there is another problem with hhctrl.ocx

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Don't think that will do much to solve this issue :mellow:

The only reason for this issue I have seen till now is that there is a problem with the registration of hhctrl.ocx which was solved by doing the this command: regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx

Maybe there is another problem with hhctrl.ocx

Jos

i used this command again and again but same problem. who is the author of help file? maybe he can help me.

@Jos

you have a PM.

• Developers

i used this command again and again but same problem. who is the author of help file? maybe he can help me.

@Jos

you have a PM.

What is the specific question about the helpfile?

You can view the source of the page that contains the reference to the ocx. We are using a standardly available option to open the script.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What is the specific question about the helpfile?

You can view the source of the page that contains the reference to the ocx. We are using a standardly available option to open the script.

Jos

Some kind of policy or preference, local to his computer, blocking ActiveX? Just completely guessing now.

• Developers

Just curious, just to the left of that is a display button. Does that button appear? It looks as if the image is missing... Has it always been like this? And have you tried reinstalling? I would also check into your internet explorer internet options.

I think the missing images is the button.

this is an example of the code used in the html page:

<OBJECT id=hhctrl type="application/x-oleobject" classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11" width=58 height=57>
<PARAM name="Command" value="ShortCut">
<PARAM name="Button" value="Text:Open this Script">
<PARAM name="Item1" value=",Examples\HelpFile\If.au3,">
</OBJECT>
Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I think the missing images is the button.

this is an example of the code used in the html page:

<OBJECT id=hhctrl type="application/x-oleobject" classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11" width=58 height=57>
<PARAM name=%26%2334%3BCommand%26%2334%3B value="ShortCut">
<PARAM name=%26%2334%3BButton%26%2334%3B value="Text:Open this Script">
<PARAM name=%26%2334%3BItem1%26%2334%3B value=",Examples\HelpFile\If.au3,">
</OBJECT>
Problem still exists...

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sorry to revive an old topic but it might help somebody retain a few handfuls of hair.

Sometime after installing Win7 the issue returned. (Helpfile example shows only an X where the "Open Script" button should be)

I finally tracked down the culprit to being HHCtrl Object installed but somehow disabled.

• Developers

Have you tried running this command at the commandprompt ? :

regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Jos,,

Ya, I even tried it using your script:

; Scriptname: FixHelpFileExamples.au3
; Script to fix Registry setting for SciTE/AutoIt3/Helpfile Open Button
;
If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\Autoit3.exe') then
    MsgBox(16,"Autoit3.exe error",'File Autoit3.exe not found. Place this script in the AutoIt3 program directory and run it again.')
    Exit
EndIf
If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe') then
    MsgBox(16,"SciTE.exe error",'File ..\SciTE\SciTE.exe not found. Something is not installer the standard way. Exiting.')
    Exit
EndIf
$Open_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"'
$Edit_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"'
$Run_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\AutoIt3.exe" "%1" %*'
$Open = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Open\Command", "")
$Edit = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Edit\Command", "")
$Run = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Run\Command", "")
$FixedOpen = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3", "Application")
; Check for "Always open with settings 
If $FixedOpen <> "" Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Override setting for Open on .AU3", 'You have specified to "Always Open" with:' & @CRLF & $FixedOpen & _
            @CRLF & " But this should be removed and the standard setting should be used!" & _
            @CRLF & @CRLF & "Click Yes to Remove this Keys") = 6 Then
        $rc = RegDelete("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3", "Application")
        ConsoleWrite('-RegDelete ("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3", "Application") $rc = ' & $rc & "  @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite('! Override setting for Open on .AU3 not removed' & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+No Open override on .au3.' & @CRLF)
EndIf
; Check Edit Settings
If $Edit <> $Edit_SciTe Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Edit Settings for AU3", 'Your "Edit" settings are currently:' & @CRLF & $Edit & @CRLF & " But should be:" & @CRLF & $Edit_SciTe & @CRLF & @CRLF & " Update?") = 6 Then
        $rc = RegWrite("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Edit\Command", "", "REG_SZ", $Edit_SciTe)
        ConsoleWrite('-RegWrite Edit $rc = ' & $rc & "  @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+Edit already set to default = ' & $Edit & @CRLF)
EndIf
; Check Open Settings
If $Open <> $Open_SciTe Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Open Settings for AU3", 'Your "Open" settings are currently:' & @CRLF & $Open & @CRLF & " But should be:" & @CRLF & $Open_SciTe & @CRLF & @CRLF & " Update?") = 6 Then
        RegWrite("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Open\Command", "", "REG_SZ", $Open_SciTe)
        ConsoleWrite('-RegWrite Open $rc = ' & $rc & "  @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+Open already set to default = ' & $Open & @CRLF)
EndIf
; Check Run Settings
If $Run <> $Run_SciTe Then
    If MsgBox(4, "Run Setting for AU3", 'Your "Run" settings are currently:' & @CRLF & $Run & @CRLF & " But should be:" & @CRLF & $Run_SciTe & @CRLF & @CRLF & " Update?") = 6 Then
        RegWrite("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Run\Command", "", "REG_SZ", $Run_SciTe)
        ConsoleWrite('-RegWrite Run $rc = ' & $rc & "  @Error=" & @error & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Else
    ConsoleWrite('+Run already set to default = ' & $Run & @CRLF)
EndIf
;
;Ensure hhctrl is properly registered
$rc = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx", "", @SW_HIDE)
ConsoleWrite('+RegSvr $rc = ' & $rc & @CRLF)

I think a safety net to that script would be to also ensure that the ocx is enabled. (which was my problem)

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, I have no idea how it got disabled.