Modify registry entry within a unique registry key

jafo2010

I hope someone can help with my problem, Im trying to modify a registry value that contains a key which ends with a unique identifier for each computer.

Example:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1617767100-1661673603-930774774-?????\Software\

The first 41 characters after HKEY_USERS are always identical on every machine, the last 5 characters are always unique on every machine. How would I go about reading the first portion to find the ending 5 digits so that I can modify keys beyond the unique key name? Ive tried wildcards but it doesnt seem to work, or perhaps Im using them incorrectly.

I hope someone can help with my problem, Im trying to modify a registry value that contains a key which ends with a unique identifier for each computer.

Example:

The first 41 characters after HKEY_USERS are always identical on every machine, the last 5 characters are always unique on every machine. How would I go about reading the first portion to find the ending 5 digits so that I can modify keys beyond the unique key name? Ive tried wildcards but it doesnt seem to work, or perhaps Im using them incorrectly.

There is a reason for that.

Can't you just modify the same value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

There is a reason for that.

Can't you just modify the same value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

Unfortunately I need this setting to be passed to all users not just the current user, also this will be done remotely and multiple users will log onto these systems.

Example:

try using stringsplit command

I solved the problem which I will post here in case anyone needs something similar.

It's not pretty, but it works.

For $i= 1 to 10
    $var = RegEnumKey("HKEY_USERS", $i)
    If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop
    If $var >= "S-1-5-21-1617767100-1661673603-930774774-" Then
        RegDelete("HKEY_USERS\" & $var & "Software\PATH OF YOUR CHOICE")
    EndIf

Next

Example:

An oldie but goodie, from a scripter who's the same: _RegSearch()

$avResults = _RegSearch("HKU\", "S-1-5-21-1617767100-1661673603-930774774-", 1, True)

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law