How can I capture Google PageRank

Has anyone worked out how to get hold of Google PageRank with a script please?

Sometimes I need to get hold of the Google PageRank for several hundred web pages to help with my SEO research, but at present the only way I know how to do this is by looking at the indicator on the Google toolbar. Does anyone know how to script this?

Thanks

RichardTwickenham

If you know something you want to script, but don't know how to script it ask here. If you don't even know what you're trying to script we can't help you. (or rather, you shouldn't expect any help since it doesn't have anything to do with AutoIt yet...).

That being said, try using this site- http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php

Evilertoaster, thanks for your reply. In trying to keep my question short and to the point perhaps I missed out too much information. I am in the process of developing some AutoIt scripts to help me with SEO research. So far the things I have attempted have worked fine. The scripts allow me to record how many other websites are competing for particular keywords by reading the results from the Google search engine for instance. The scripts also allow me to record how many incoming links the other websites have that are competing for the keywords, this is one of the most important factors effecting how high in the search engine results pages the site appears. The piece of information that I am not sure how to go about collecting is the Google PageRank. I can see the information being tantalisingly displayed on the Google toolbar, but I don't know how to make AutoIt take that information and turn it into a variable which I can subsequently record to a file.

You kindly sent me a link to a website that has a PageRank lookup facility. To write a script that would automatically fill in the form on that page and read the result is within my skillset, but I feel a little uncomfortable with hitting one of these sites with a large number of automated queries. Strangly enough though I don't feel the same reluctance to automate queries to Google or the other search engines. Perhaps it is because the search engines have very powerful servers, and are quite capable of standing up for themselves, whereas I could cause problems for the website owner if I hit the website you suggested too hard with automation.

From searching the AutoIt forum I'm surprised that I haven't come across anyone else who has tried to get hold of PageRank using AutoIt.

• 10 months later...