read window text issue

i'm running a script that runs on our server, i need to check for some text from a window, when i use WinGetText ( "title" [, "text"] ) it returns the window text only upto the first '&' (used as an underline on a button in the interface). It only dose this on the server which is not logged in, so i'm assuming hidden windows.

i'm looking for a string after the button text, any ideas why it is doing this?

i tried ControlGetText ( "title", "text", controlID ) but it returned a blank string.

Edited by cyanidemonkey

My AutoIt Scripts.- AutoHost and Password Enabler for Delta Force 2 Demo.| Caffine for Winamp 2.9x and WRS 2.0 | mp3 directory cleaner | CRAP DJ | A:B:J Radio Automation Software | FFMPEG batch conversion automator

Are you sure you are using the parameters correctly? Without actual code we can't really help. Taking text from the helpfile to me says you either don't want to share code (which is needed in this case) or you took that directly from the helpfile and expected it to work.

i'm running a script that runs on our server, i need to check for some text from a window, when i use WinGetText ( "title" [, "text"] ) it returns the window text only upto the first '&' (used as an underline on a button in the interface). It only dose this on the server which is not logged in, so i'm assuming hidden windows.

i'm looking for a string after the button text, any ideas why it is doing this?

i tried ControlGetText ( "title", "text", controlID ) but it returned a blank string.

What does it mean to run this on a server that is not logged in? Are you running this from a scheduled task, by PSEXEC, or while the console is locked, or what?

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law