how to use InputBox like FireFox's browsing history's inputBox?

Hi,

There are some *.txt , *.AU3 , *.rtf , *.doc , etc files in a folder/Directory.

$Dir = @ScriptDir

now i want to create a input box like firefox (where we enter website name).

it looks like the following image.

Loading image...

Posted Image

On entering the file name's text in my input box i want the script to search

the related files in $Dir and show the result in a list as shown in FireFox's browsing history.

after showing the files in the list i should be able to open the file in it's default Program

by doubble clicking the file name in list or by select and click a button to open the file.

*.txt = Open in NotePad

*.AU3 = SciTE

*.rtf = WordPad

*.doc = Word (MS Office)

if the file is *.txt than it will be opened in Notepad otherwise in another program which supports it's format.

Volly already gave me a script but it's not what i want and it is different from my problem.

can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thanks

Volly already gave me a script...

...which didn't teach you anything.

...but it's not what i want and it is different from my problem.

can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Study the SysListview32 controls on MSDN and the various _GuiCtrlListView_* functions in the current Beta. Try the example scripts there. Code some examples and try changing a few things. Nobody can drag you up the learning curve.

If you are not willing to do that, bust out your wallet and go to RentACoder.com.

:mellow:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

i already tried but could not, i want to understand it...

Tried what? Post some code so we can talk about it.

Post a short demo script with a basic GUI and a single listview control with just one of the attributes you are trying for (like icons). That would be a starting place. You seem to be continually asking for others to post code for you without ever posting any effort of your own. Even broken code tells us a lot about where you are and what help you need.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

is my question difficult to understand ?

i know it's a very hard thing to do...

Please let me know if you need more explanation in my post.

Thanks

Impatient and rude aren't you...Ask a question, then bitch for no one responds in 45 minutes...Do you want fries and a coke with that?

....like PsaltyDS said...try studying first for a bit. Nothing wrong with trying to learn first.

this is a part of my project...

bump

If you are interested in finishing that project, then you should be ready to put some effort into it.

As I said before, isolate the ListView from the rest of your code. Post it as a short demo script with a very basic GUI. Then we have something concrete to talk about to help you learn what you need.

If you're not willing to put that effort into it, bumping the topic and changing your display name from LOveUK are not going to get you more help (or free code).