Need basic help with WinWaitX

pjw73nh

Greetings,

When using WinWaitX (in my case WinWaitActive) If I choose to use the text option, do I have to put ALL the text of the window in the statement, or can I just use enough of it to make it unique?

Run(@WorkingDir & "\vpnclient_setup.exe")
    WinWaitActive("Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Setup", "Welcome to the Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Installation Wizard",1)
    Send("!n")
    WinWaitActive("Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Setup","Client Software License Agreement of Cisco Systems",1)
    Send("!a")
    Send("!n")
    WinWaitActive("Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Setup", "Select a folder where the application will be installed.",1)
    Send("!n")
    WinWaitActive("Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Setup", "Click Next to begin installation.",1)
    Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 Setup", "Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.04.0300 has been successfully installed.")
    Send("!f")

MsgBox(0, "Win XP Success", " You have successfully installed the Cisco Systems remote access VPN Client ")
    Exitt

I have been using the au3Info tool for window text capture. Is this the correct way to go about this?

Most of the time my script pauses at the attached screen shot:

Any hlep much appreciated.

Thanks

P

post-8941-1226605273_thumb.jpg

I have noticed that with installs (especially InstallShield) sometimes the dialogs ignore keystrokes if they aren't ready (ready being a mystical term here).

Try using Control() functions when possible and try to wrap up clicks and winwaits into your own UDFs that have robust error handling and action retries.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy