Need some help!

How could I find the title of a window for witch I olny know the name of the process?

for example I whant to find the title of the window opened by "process.exe" and then, after finding the title, I whant to make it visible/invisible

I have tried:

$a= ProcessList("iexplore.exe")
$PID = $a[1][1]
$Ferestre = WinList()
For $i = 1 To UBound($Ferestre) - 1
    If $Ferestre[$i][0] <> "" Then
        MsgBox(0,$PID&" - "&WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0]),$Ferestre[$i][0])
        If $PID = WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0]) Then
        ;If $Ferestre[$i][0] <> "" Then WinSetState($Ferestre[$i][1], "", @SW_SHOW)
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next

It does not work because when $PID = WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0]) it will find more than one window with the same PID, but none of those is the one I am looking for...

Is ther another way, or am I doing something rong?

I do not like stupid and idiot people that write idiot things...If you are one, do not write.

How could I find the title of a window for witch I olny know the name of the process?

for example I whant to find the title of the window opened by "process.exe" and then, after finding the title, I whant to make it visible/invisible

I have tried:

$PID = $a[1][1]
$Ferestre = WinList()
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next

It does not work because when $PID = WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0]) it will find more than one window with the same PID, but none of those is the one I am looking for...

Is ther another way, or am I doing something rong?

Did you check $PID to see if you are getting the right value? Use _ArrayDisplay() to show you the results of WinList() in $Ferestre, and examine the actual window with AU3Info.exe at the same time to see if there are any matching handles. Eventually, you'll find where you are not getting a match.

:mellow:

P.S. Note that it is possible for one process to have multiple windows, and if the target window has a null title, your script won't find it.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

well, some windows have the same title,

i.e - Firefox is always "Title of webiste" - Mozilla Firefox

so you can use WinTitleMatchMode and then winsetstate("- Mozilla Firefox",@SW_hide)

BUT---

If you are doing this with INternet explorer, You can use the IE functions to make it visible

_iecreate()

code

Did you check $PID to see if you are getting the right value? Use _ArrayDisplay() to show you the results of WinList() in $Ferestre, and examine the actual window with AU3Info.exe at the same time to see if there are any matching handles. Eventually, you'll find where you are not getting a match.

P.S. Note that it is possible for one process to have multiple windows, and if the target window has a null title, your script won't find it.

Actualy I have used _ArrayDisplay(), but the problem is when the window I am looking for is initialy hiden and it does not have a null title.

using WinList() I can find the hiden window I am looking for, and also a title....it would be very easy if I vere using for example the StringRegExp function to search for the title in the results of the WinList() function and then get the handle, but I want this script to be able to find any window title, just by knowing the process name.

open the Internet explorer and run this script:

#include <Array.au3>
Dim $Mem[1][4]
$PID = $a[1][1]
$Mem[0][0]= $PID
$Ferestre = WinList()
_ArrayDisplay($Ferestre)
            ReDim $Mem[UBound($Mem)+1][4]
            $Mem[UBound($Mem)-1][1]=$Ferestre[$i][0]
            $Mem[UBound($Mem)-1][2]=$Ferestre[$i][1]
            $Mem[UBound($Mem)-1][3]=WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0])
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next
_ArrayDisplay($Mem)

WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0]) returs a PID that is different from the PID returned by the ProcessList() function....even though the $Ferestre[$i][0] var has the title of the window I am searching for...

so...what should I do?

I do not like stupid and idiot people that write idiot things...If you are one, do not write.

Actualy I have used _ArrayDisplay(), but the problem is when the window I am looking for is initialy hiden and it does not have a null title.

using WinList() I can find the hiden window I am looking for, and also a title....it would be very easy if I vere using for example the StringRegExp function to search for the title in the results of the WinList() function and then get the handle, but I want this script to be able to find any window title, just by knowing the process name.

open the Internet explorer and run this script:

#include <Array.au3>
Dim $Mem[1][4]
$PID = $a[1][1]
$Mem[0][0]= $PID
$Ferestre = WinList()
_ArrayDisplay($Ferestre)
            ReDim $Mem[UBound($Mem)+1][4]
            $Mem[UBound($Mem)-1][1]=$Ferestre[$i][0]
            $Mem[UBound($Mem)-1][2]=$Ferestre[$i][1]
            $Mem[UBound($Mem)-1][3]=WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0])
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next
_ArrayDisplay($Mem)

WinGetProcess($Ferestre[$i][0]) returs a PID that is different from the PID returned by the ProcessList() function....even though the $Ferestre[$i][0] var has the title of the window I am searching for...

so...what should I do?

Either you are looking at the wrong window, or it was launched by a different (perhaps child) process. You could use something like _ProcessListProperties() to get the PPID (parent PID) of the window's process to see if that matches.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Either you are looking at the wrong window, or it was launched by a different (perhaps child) process. You could use something like _ProcessListProperties() to get the PPID (parent PID) of the window's process to see if that matches.

I already did that...it is the same with the one from ProcessList()

I already did that...it is the same with the one from ProcessList()

If there is more than one similar window, then there may be more than one similar process. Why do you automatically use $a[1][1] without checking if there are more matching PIDs?