Making trial program

luciffer

First hi to all, i just registered. I did some random reading of forum topick and i see that u have nice comunity here.

Im using AutiIt for 1 year and i rly liked it possibilities. So i made couple of useful scripts for one game (MMORPG), and on couple forums i made polls how many ppl would like to pay to get that script. Suprisingly i got nice feedback from ppl. But the thing what i would like to do is to provide em with some kind of limited trial version and later when i give them full version i want it to be copy protected. Using search i found on this forum a lot of examples but i would like if u can sugest me which one will best serve my needs. I need trial that will last for 15min to 1h and not be able to start aggain, and full version to be limmited to only that PC (potected with cpu serial or something similar that is effective).

/sry for bad english

Regwrite can be hacked real easily. I would go with a ini file that is encrypted and with a different file type ext, such as using dll but your code points to it directly, and have it in the system32 folder. I would also go with the system's processor SN and system board SN. Have it so if one is changed, the thing will still work. If both are changed, then the thing does not work. It would allow for a upgrade to a point.

Edited by Volly

I make script for you with reg try this :

If RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Trial") = "" Then;If the trial doesnt exist so create it
    RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG")
    RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Trial", "REG_SZ", "1");First day of trial
    _MMORPG()

ElseIf RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Trial") < 30 Then;If trial day is lower than 30
    $DAY = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Trial")
    RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Trial")
    RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Trial", "REG_SZ", $DAY + 1);Add one day
    _MMORPG()

ElseIf RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Trial") >= 30 Then;If trial day is egal or highter than 30

If (RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Key") = "MMORPG") Then;If the licence key has been allready valided
        _MMORPG()
    Else
        MsgBox(16, "MMORPG", "Free Licence has expired !")
        $KEY = InputBox("MMORPG", "Enter Licence for MMORPG", "", "", 250, 75)

If ($KEY = "MMORPG") Then
            MsgBox(48, "MMORPG", "Licence key is valid !")
            RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Key")
            RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MMORPG", "Key", "REG_SZ", $KEY);Create key for licence
            _MMORPG()
        Else
            MsgBox(16, "MMORPG", "Wrong Licence !" & @CRLF & "Exiting...")
            Exit
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndIf

Func _MMORPG()
MsgBox(48,"","MMORPG LAUNCHED !")
;HERE IS YOUR SCRIPT
Exit
EndFunc

While 1
Sleep(250)
WEnd
Edited by FireFox

Wow nice. Easy hacked (at least i think so) but it is something i can begin with. I think i will use something like this along with some file in system32 folder and hope for the best :mellow:

Of course you can, I suggest you to encrypt your files with _StringEncrypt function and to put some attrib with FileSetAttrib("yourfile","+SH") , then your file will be hidden and like system file, so invisible ; and you can't find it with windows search, for read it with explorer you can use winrar but if it's encrypted anybody will hack you :( have fun !

Edited by FireFox

Nothing is foolproof. NOTHING. You can only make it so the average person won't be able to break into it.

You know, there is nothing that would keep you from making a bunch of dummy dll files that is the same size as the one that keeps the info you need. If you made say 30 of them, the hacker would need to go through most of them just to see which one is the one is the one that will do the trick. You could also do things that would set a flag if one of the dummy files get changed and no matter what he does, it won't work unless he resets the flag.

Just remember, no matter how hard you make it, someone will try to crack it. You can only make it hard, not impossible.

Yes im aware of that it is imposible to make somethin completly prof. But still ur advices are nice so an average person can crack it easily. 30 dll-s nice see that is idea what im looking for along with other things ppl sugested here. Ty all