$ commands

Hi,

I've used AutoIt for a while now, but I can't find anything about $commands in the help file or anything.

Is there a link that provides information about how to use these?

If not, could one provide me with this information?

Thx in advance!

what do you mean by $commands?

[size="10"]Pure Au3 crypt funcs(I'm currently also working on making a dll from this)[/size][Y] Be more active in the community[Y] Get 200 posts[N] Get 300 posts[N] Make a Topic in the example scripts forum with at least 50 replies.People who currently hate me:ValikSmOke_N

I also have been using AutoIt for a while now (about 3 years or so) yet I tend to consider myself a noo b.

for the most part anything that starts with a $ can be considered the same as when using %var% in a dos batch script. They are just Environment Variables.

Hope this helps.

GD

Hard to tell what you mean, if you are talking about $CmdLine it's in the helpfile, if you mean variables overall (a variable always starts with $ in AutoIT) it's also in the helpfile.

Everytime I see a script I see $command, I can't figure out how they work or anything...

Example:

StatusBarGetText($hWnd,'')

I don't know where the $command comes from or does... So that's why I'm asking it.

Everytime I see a script I see $command, I can't figure out how they work or anything...

Example:

StatusBarGetText($hWnd,'')

I don't know where the $command comes from or does... So that's why I'm asking it.

What? Your example does not contain the variable "$command" anywhere. The help file entry and demo script for StatusBarGetText() also does not have "$command" anywhere in it.

What are you talking about?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

anything starting with $ is not a command. it is a variable, look it up in the helpfile.

[size="10"]Pure Au3 crypt funcs(I'm currently also working on making a dll from this)[/size][Y] Be more active in the community[Y] Get 200 posts[N] Get 300 posts[N] Make a Topic in the example scripts forum with at least 50 replies.People who currently hate me:ValikSmOke_N

What? Your example does not contain the variable "$command" anywhere. The help file entry and demo script for StatusBarGetText() also does not have "$command" anywhere in it.

What are you talking about?

:)

Every $command is a variable? Except for a few... Okay, now I'm lost...

Every $command is a variable? Except for a few... Okay, now I'm lost...

no all things starting with $ are variables

A variable is just a place to store data in memory so that it can be accessed quickly. Think of it as a mailbox in memory that you can put information in or take information out of. For example you might create a variable to store the number a user's response to a question, or the result to a math equation.

Each variable has a name (again, similar to a mailbox) and must start with the $ character and may only contain letters, numbers and the underscore _ character. Here are some example names:

$var1

$my_variable

Each variable is stored as a variant.

• Moderators

The blind leading the blind here. You all should just not answer until the OP can actually articulate what it is they are trying to accomplish and or need answers to.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'm having a problem using variables.

For example, if I were to send a message like this:

Func example()
        Send($text)
        Sleep(500)
        Send($text_1)
        EndFunc

How would I define the variable?

you could just put data into hthe variable

$test = "pie"oÝ÷ Úò¢ç(ºW]yÉZ­è²jëh×6Dim $test

There are 2 declaration types

Dim(and local) for local variables(cant be used otuside of the function

and global(can be used anywhere)

you could just put data into hthe variable

$test = "pie"oÝ÷ Úò¢ç(ºW]yÉZ­è²jëh×6Dim $test

There are 2 declaration types

Dim(and local) for local variables(cant be used otuside of the function

and global(can be used anywhere)

I actually meant how would I be able to change what the variable "says" (in my case) in an .INI file?

I actually meant how would I be able to change what the variable "says" (in my case) in an .INI file?

to change whats in a variable you assign something to it

$var = "yello"; $var says yello now
$ver = "pie"; $var says pie now

INI's are a whole different story.

Lookup iniwrite and iniread in the help file

I'm having a problem using variables.

For example, if I were to send a message like this:

Func example()
        Send($text)
        Sleep(500)
        Send($text_1)
        EndFunc

How would I define the variable?

Dim $text = ""

or

Dim $text = "foo text"

It could be either global or local

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]