Auto selecting a radio button

furrycow

I know theres an _IEExample, but that example NEVER loads for me - just a blank IE page.

This is the html on the website:

<tr>

<td height="36" colspan="2"><font class="ftsms_font"><strong>You can choose who the message is sent from:</strong><br>
                  (Either option is <span class="ftsms_red">FREE!</span>)</font></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                  <td><font class="ftsms_font">Send from:</font></td>
                  <td><input type="radio" name="fromnum" value="REPLY" class="ftsms_optionbutton" checked>

<font class="ftsms_font">REPLY TO MY INBOX</font></td>
                </tr> 
                <tr>
                  <td>&nbsp;</td>
                  <td><input type="radio" name="fromnum" value="Fonetastic!" class="ftsms_optionbutton">                  
                  <font class="ftsms_font">FoneTastic.com</font></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                  <td><font class="ftsms_font"><!-- Send as number from: //-->&nbsp;</font></td>

<td><input type="radio" name="fromnum" value="447987654321" class="ftsms_optionbutton">                 
                  <font class="ftsms_font">+ 447987654321</font></td>
                </tr>

So what i got from that is that there is a group of radio buttons under the name "fromnum", the radio with value, "REPLY" is automatically selected...i want to select the radio with value, "447987654321".

This is my attempt at trying to do this, but of course the reason i am on here is because its not working...

$MsgForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($oIE,0);it is 0 as other objects can be filled in

$MsgFromNumber = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($MsgForm, "fromnum",-1)

_IEFormElementRadioSelect($MsgFromNumber,"447987654321","fromnum",1)
If @ERROR Then
    msgbox(0,"",@ERROR&" "&@EXTENDED)
EndIf

The @ERROR returns as 4

and @EXTENDED as 1

I cant for the life of me get it to select the "447987654321" radio button, or any radio button for that matter...

Where am i going wrong??

Thanks!

Edited by furrycow
Instant Lockerz Invite - www.instantlockerzinvite.co.uk

I know theres an _IEExample, but that example NEVER loads for me - just a blank IE page.

The examples in the help file work fine. If they don't work for you, troubleshoot -- something is wrong.

This is the html on the website:

<tr>

<td height="36" colspan="2"><font class="ftsms_font"><strong>You can choose who the message is sent from:</strong><br>
                  (Either option is <span class="ftsms_red">FREE!</span>)</font></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                  <td><font class="ftsms_font">Send from:</font></td>
                  <td><input type="radio" name="fromnum" value="REPLY" class="ftsms_optionbutton" checked>

<font class="ftsms_font">REPLY TO MY INBOX</font></td>
                </tr> 
                <tr>
                  <td>&nbsp;</td>
                  <td><input type="radio" name="fromnum" value="Fonetastic!" class="ftsms_optionbutton">                  
                  <font class="ftsms_font">FoneTastic.com</font></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                  <td><font class="ftsms_font"><!-- Send as number from: //-->&nbsp;</font></td>

<td><input type="radio" name="fromnum" value="447987654321" class="ftsms_optionbutton">                 
                  <font class="ftsms_font">+ 447987654321</font></td>
                </tr>

So what i got from that is that there is a group of radio buttons under the name "fromnum", the radio with value, "REPLY" is automatically selected...i want to select the radio with value, "447987654321".

This is my attempt at trying to do this, but of course the reason i am on here is because its not working...

$MsgForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($oIE,0);it is 0 as other objects can be filled in

$MsgFromNumber = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($MsgForm, "fromnum",-1)

_IEFormElementRadioSelect($MsgFromNumber,"447987654321","fromnum",1)
If @ERROR Then
    msgbox(0,"",@ERROR&" "&@EXTENDED)
EndIf

The @ERROR returns as 4

and @EXTENDED as 1

I cant for the life of me get it to select the "447987654321" radio button, or any radio button for that matter...

Where am i going wrong??

Thanks!

Try:
_IEFormElementRadioSelect($MsgForm,"447987654321","fromnum",1)

Note the first parameter is the object reference for the Form, not the radio object.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law