Return Value of DriRemove?

Archer

Hi, all

That's a little weird. If I use the following code to test the DirRemove() function, the failure would be shown in the log.

However, I did not open this folder or something and I do have the admin permission. Why?

One more thing to mention is that although the error code is 0 but the folder is gone..... Why this? If it could be delete the folder totally, it should be successful with returning code 1.

-------------------

#include <File.au3>

$csLogFileFullPath = "test.log"

$sFileName = "C:\Test1"

DirCreate($sFileName)

If FileExists($sFileName) Then

_FileWriteLog($csLogFileFullPath, $sFileName & " exists.")

EndIf

DirRemove($sFileName, 0)

If @error = 0 Then

_FileWriteLog($csLogFileFullPath, "Failed to delete folder " & $sFileName)

Else

_FileWriteLog($csLogFileFullPath, "Delete folder " & $sFileName & " successfully!")

EndIf

-------------------

DirRemove() Return Value

Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0 if there is an error removing the directory (or if directory does not exist).

Edited by Archer

You are aware that DirCreate() can fail as well, right? It doesn't hurt to make sure the folder is created properly before deleting. You check if it exists and write to the log if it does but you try to remove it even if the folder doesn't.

Hi!

If NOT DirRemove($sFileName, 0) Then

Would work. The @error should be 0 if success. The returnvalue on the other hand should be 1. :)

/Manko

Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...

...or...

If @error Then

Would work. The @error should be 0 if success. The returnvalue on the other hand should be 1. :)

/Manko

Yes i rush things! (I sorta do small bursts inbetween doing nothing.) Things I have rushed and reRushed:* ProDLLer - Process manager - Unload viri modules (dll) and moore...* _WinAPI_ProcessListOWNER_WTS() - Get Processes owner list...* _WinAPI_GetCommandLineFromPID() - Get commandline of target process...* _WinAPI_ThreadsnProcesses() Much info if expanded - optional Indented "Parent/Child"-style Processlist. Moore to come... eventually...

You are aware that DirCreate() can fail as well, right? It doesn't hurt to make sure the folder is created properly before deleting. You check if it exists and write to the log if it does but you try to remove it even if the folder doesn't.

No. I just wonder to know that the DirRemove() has been successfully removed the folder, why return error code 0?

If you run the script you got know that the folder exists but in the next steps, the log show "fail to delete....", just here, why?

...or...

If @error Then

/Manko

Thanks. It works.

I wonder to know that why @error = 0 does not work as I expected?

Thanks. It works.

I wonder to know that why @error = 0 does not work as I expected?

Because if @error is 0 it is not an error. :)

/Manko