Conquer Bot v0.1.1b (BETA)

dbzfanatic

This is a bot for Conquer 2.0 that I am helping UnkownWarrior make. I am not releasing the source yet (may later) because this is still beta and unfinished. I myself do not play conquer so my job is mostly theory and coding while UnkownWarrior does most of the actual testing. So far the archer Go function has been the one being developed the most. The Pause and Record functions work and you can find out more information about the bot by going to the About menu and How to use menu. The Tutorial tab is unfinished because the bot itself is, but it will evolve as the bot nears an Alpha release. Also please bear with me if the tabs don't look that nice, I've never used tabs in a script before so this was/is a learning experience for me. I will be updating this thread with a new .exe file periodically as updates are made and functions are refined/added/finished.

Current Features:

• Record coordinates to ini file
  • Go to recorded coordinates
  • Pause script
  • Resume main logic after pause
  • Randomly type phrases into Conquer window when stuck

Coming Features:

• Trojan/Warrior logic
  • Fire/Water Taoist logic
  • Refined motion
  • More "I'm stuck" phrases
  • Searches for DragonBalls and Meteors
  • Completed tutorial

Feature suggestions and any other feedback/comments are welcome.

Previous Downloads: v0.1b - 9

Conquer_Bot.exe

Edited by dbzfanatic

Updated above post with new exe file.

Updates:

Bug with moving fixedChanged some stringsUpdated resource settings

Known bugs:

Countdown for main archer logic on resuming from Pause bugged.Move function not 100% accurate but working Edited by dbzfanatic

In the alphabet yes but in the release system I'm used to it goes Beta,Alpha,Production/Stable. I'll probably post another update later today or tomorrow as well. The game is free (afaik) and I'd never heard of it up until about a week ago either so don't feel left out there :).

Does it really matter? :) This thread is supposed to be about the bot not about my terminology lol.

Yes, it mattered when you were telling someone he was wrong. Where in fact, you were wrong.

So don't go tell us what we can't do, when you are the one doing it in the first place.

Edited by Manadar

When did I say anyone was wrong? I said "in the release system I'm used to", I never said there weren't other ways nor did I say that my way was the "right" way, just the one I'm used to.

When did I say anyone was wrong? I said "in the release system I'm used to", I never said there weren't other ways nor did I say that my way was the "right" way, just the one I'm used to.

No, when you said "In the alphabet yes but" you already implied that it is not the same as the alphabet. Stop arguing about this, and just admit you are wrong. Not that I care, though.

How can an opinion ever be wrong? There will always be more than one way of doing something and even if it isn't the most widely accepted way this is the way I'm used to. I didn't start the argument nor did I intend for there to be one. Saying my way of doing things is wrong and you are right is like saying one religion is right and another is wrong. Just because something is more widely accepted or defined in a preset manner doesn't make it right. Scientists used to believe the earth was the center of the universe and anyone who said otherwise was ridiculed and told they were wrong and now it's a known fact that it is indeed not. The system I'm used to may be "wrong" to you but it is the one I'm used to and the one I'm going to use. Terminology doesn't matter, only results do. Please drop this matter. I don't know how you define your release system, nor do I care. The point of this thread is about the work on the bot myself and UnkownWarrior are doing, not a pointless argument about "this is how you have to do things,do it my way because you're wrong". As I already said the only thing that matters is results, not terminology. Everyone can tell what I mean so why does it matter? Is it not part of the creedo of scientists and programmers alike to have an open mind? It should not be necessary to defend my opinion about something on a forum such as this. Suggestions such as "the accepted way is..." would have been taken much more willingly than blatant "you're wrong, this is how it is" comments. Also before you try to question my terminology once again creedo is the word I choose and is in fact a word.

cre-do

[kree-doh, krey-]

–noun, plural -dos.

1. (often initial capital letter) the Apostles' Creed or the Nicene Creed.

2. (often initial capital letter) a musical setting of the creed, usually of the Nicene Creed.

3. any creed or formula of belief.

Edited by dbzfanatic

How can an opinion ever be wrong?

Darth gives you a hint on how the software release cycle works and you thank him with needless argument.

There will always be more than one way of doing something and even if it isn't the most widely accepted way this is the way I'm used to. I didn't start the argument nor did I intend for there to be one.

If you don't want to get into an argument, then don't argue with a system we all use. You're the one going out of the way doing something retarded which is confusing up everyone's terminology. That's why you're starting the argument.

Saying my way of doing things is wrong and you are right is like saying one religion is right and another is wrong. Just because something is more widely accepted or defined in a preset manner doesn't make it right.

If we're all going to keep our own system of doing things, then we're all going to be wasting our times reinventing the wheel. This is why we have invented standards, and not keeping to them means you're an idiot.

Scientists used to believe the earth was the center of the universe and anyone who said otherwise was ridiculed and told they were wrong and now it's a known fact that it is indeed not.

The greek alphabet is something thought up by man. There is no right or wrong to it.

The system I'm used to may be "wrong" to you but it is the one I'm used to and the one I'm going to use. Terminology doesn't matter, only results do.

Wrong again. To efficiently work with other people there is a terminology standard. Since you're on a forum, using a release system that is flawed, people are going to come to you and say they are confused and ask for clarification. You don't have to jump on them saying they're all doing it wrong while you are wasting your time reinventing the wheel.

Please drop this matter. I don't know how you define your release system, nor do I care.

The release system is a standard for a reason. We all use the same terminology and it efficiently improves communication.

The point of this thread is about the work on the bot myself and UnkownWarrior are doing, not a pointless argument about "this is how you have to do things,do it my way because you're wrong". As I already said the only thing that matters is results, not terminology.

It was until you turned it into a dumb argument where you don't want to be wrong. You need to get your terminology straight, or don't start a dumb argument about what system is right and which is wrong. There are standards, and you use them. It saves time, it saves trouble, it saves argument. If you don't want to use standards then you are stupid.

Everyone can tell what I mean so why does it matter?

This is obviously not the case. That's why we're having this discussion.

Is it not part of the creedo of scientists and programmers alike to have an open mind?

An open mind does not mean to accept anything, even though it is dumb or inefficient.

It should not be necessary to defend my opinion about something on a forum such as this.

I'm not forcing you. Go ahead and stop. Just know that you'll be wasting time until you can accept that certain things are as they are and they are not going to be as how you make them up.

Alpha, Beta, Gamma.