about autoit and pocket pc

cheatera

sum title  

8 members have voted

1. 1. auto it for ppc?

• Defenetly
    • NO
    • DONT waste your time

what if can be done? can it? im NOT familiar to c\c++ but have the guts to do it ... i mean i have autoit src (http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/autoit-v3.1.0-src.exe) probbaly not big deal but if i get familiar with c\c++ functions it CAN be recompiled to suit ppc api's, procedures and etc, cant it? im NOT sure if it can be done but if sum1 with more expirience with c/c++ tells me it can i WILL give all my time to it ... if it can be done ... it may NOT be too hard. if u got programmer's thought and RTFM of c\c++ i think it can ... any suggestions/opinions? for now autoit covers my needs for programing, but what if the "thought shine's me" sumwhere i dont have pc and have my handheld? hmm ... this is enugh for me to get on this project ... and will ask for help ofc ... im sure MOST of funcs wont work ... but it still worths the try ... so all ppc owners - join and lets do this?

Is There A Life BEFORE Death?im stupidSaved warn logs: cheateraSmOke_N Note Added 17 January 2009 - 02:54 PM Added to warn level Posting a way to hack the registry and force sending someones desktop via TCP. Jos Note Added 25 November 2008 - 02:52 PM Added to warn level for being an impolite rookie.once a year i go bad ... what will happen in 2010??[u]Its GOOD to be BAD ... (Warlock's Succubus - World of Warcraft)[/u]

Can it be done? Yes, simply because nothing is impossible, only temporarily unavailable. Is it practical to do it? No.

You're wanting to learn a new language and jump straight into porting an application to a platform it's not designed for which means you also have to learn the current platform as well so you can understand the difference. Yeah, good luck with that, report back in 2 or 3 years when you are finally starting to get some understanding of the Windows API at a level sufficient to understand the nuances of the code. Oh, and you're also using a far out-dated version of the source code that only peripherally resembles what the current AutoIt code looks like - and more importantly, how it behaves.

Honestly? This is a stupid idea. AutoIt was not designed for nor is it suited for Windows Mobile. The idea of porting it reeks of "Hey, look at my new tool, I can do EVERYTHING with it" syndrome. Sure you can drive a nail with a screwdriver but why do it when there are tools better suited to the task?

negativity kills ... ok stupid idea ... there was a movie (contact) in wich main actor said "people were luaghing at those who thinked they can fly like a bird in the sky ..." did u heard about plane? with your sarcasm you killed my entusiasm ... there were much more suited words u could of say about NOT to start/do this project.

"Can it be done? Yes, simply because nothing is impossible, only temporarily unavailable. Is it practical to do it? No." this was enough .... but no u went further :)

"Oh, and you're also using a far out-dated version of the source code that only peripherally resembles what the current AutoIt code looks like - and more importantly, how it behaves." if i can find newer i would use it. its just thats the only autoit src i found. i may not be api/c/c++ or-what-ever guru, but i have the wish to do it ... sum1 had a wish to conquer the moon? pfff ...

pocketit - killed before it was born .... RIP

ps: s0z f0r m3 b4d 4ngl|sh

Is There A Life BEFORE Death?im stupidSaved warn logs: cheateraSmOke_N Note Added 17 January 2009 - 02:54 PM Added to warn level Posting a way to hack the registry and force sending someones desktop via TCP. Jos Note Added 25 November 2008 - 02:52 PM Added to warn level for being an impolite rookie.once a year i go bad ... what will happen in 2010??[u]Its GOOD to be BAD ... (Warlock's Succubus - World of Warcraft)[/u]

negativity kills ... ok stupid idea ... there was a movie (contact) in wich main actor said "people were luaghing at those who thinked they can fly like a bird in the sky ..." did u heard about plane?

I've also seen people hurt themselves trying to get vehicles to fly that weren't designed for it like cars and bikes and even human bodies. These people could have used a little negativity to dissuade them from their life-threatening endeavors. Contrast that with a plane which was designed from the start to fly.

Just because somebody has an idea or a dream does not make it good.

gimme 2 weeks

edit: 14 days and counting

Edited by cheatera

ok i wasnt clear enough - 2 weeks for working beta or sumthing like it .... it will have atleast 10-15 funcs ... and im little familiar with c, but hope and wish are good things ... and good things never die (The Shawshank Redemption). and one more thing - if i ask for help i will get it right?

Don't wanna sound negative here but in two weeks you won't probably even fully understand simple command line C++ programs.

int MessageBox(
  HWND hWnd, 
  LPCTSTR lpText, 
  LPCTSTR lpCaption, 
  UINT uType
); 
Parameters
hWnd 
[in] Handle to the owner window of the message box to be created. If this parameter is NULL, the message box has no owner window. 
lpText 
[in] Long pointer to a null-terminated string that contains the message to be displayed. 
lpCaption 
[in] Long pointer to a null-terminated string used for the dialog box title. If this parameter is NULL, the default title Error is used. 
uType 
[in] Specifies a set of bit flags that determine the contents and behavior of the dialog box. This parameter can be a combination of flags from the following groups of flags. 
Specify one of the following flags to indicate the buttons contained in the message box. 

Value Description 
MB_ABORTRETRYIGNORE The message box contains three push buttons: Abort, Retry, and Ignore. 
MB_OK The message box contains one push button: OK. This is the default. 
MB_OKCANCEL The message box contains two push buttons: OK and Cancel. 
MB_RETRYCANCEL The message box contains two push buttons: Retry and Cancel. 
MB_YESNO The message box contains two push buttons: Yes and No. 
MB_YESNOCANCEL The message box contains three push buttons: Yes, No, and Cancel. 

Specify one of the following flags to display an icon in the message box. 

Value Description 
MB_ICONEXCLAMATION, MB_ICONWARNING An exclamation-point icon appears in the message box. 
MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_ICONASTERISK An icon consisting of a lowercase letter i in a circle appears in the message box. 
MB_ICONQUESTION A question-mark icon appears in the message box. 
MB_IConstop, MB_IConerror, MB_ICONHAND A stop-sign icon appears in the message box. 

Specify one of the following flags to indicate the default button. 

Value Description 
MB_DEFBUTTON1 The first button is the default button. 
MB_DEFBUTTON1 is the default unless MB_DEFBUTTON2, MB_DEFBUTTON3, or MB_DEFBUTTON4 is specified.

MB_DEFBUTTON2 The second button is the default button. 
MB_DEFBUTTON3 The third button is the default button. 
MB_DEFBUTTON4 The fourth button is the default button. 

The following flag is the default modality of the dialog box. 

Value Description 
MB_APPLMODAL The user must respond to the message box before continuing work in the window identified by the hWnd parameter. However, the user can move to the windows of other threads and work in those windows. 
Depending on the hierarchy of windows in the application, the user may be able to move to other windows within the thread. All child windows of the parent of the message box are automatically disabled, but popup windows are not.

In addition, you can specify the following flags. 

Value Description 
MB_SETFOREGROUND The message box becomes the foreground window. Internally, the system calls the SetForegroundWindow function for the message box. 
MB_TOPMOST The message box is created with the WS_EX_TOPMOST window style. 

Return Values
Zero indicates that there is not enough memory to create the message box.

Upon success, one of the values described in the following table is returned. 

Value Description 
IDABORT Abort button was selected. 
IDCANCEL Cancel button was selected. 
IDIGNORE Ignore button was selected. 
IDNO No button was selected. 
IDOK OK button was selected. 
IDRETRY Retry button was selected. 
IDYES Yes button was selected. 

If a message box has a Cancel button, the function returns the IDCANCEL value if either the ESC key is pressed or the Cancel button is selected. If the message box has no Cancel button, pressing ESC has no effect. 

Remarks
If you create a message box while a dialog box is present, use the handle of the dialog box as the hWnd parameter. The hWnd parameter should not identify a child window, such as a control in a dialog box.

what CANT be understanded here?

MsgBox(3, "winTitle", "format hdd?") -> msgbox with yes,no, cancel

MessageBox(NULL, TEXT("format hdd"), TEXT("winTitle"), MB_YESNOCANCEL|MB_DEFBUTTON1|MB_APPLMODAL) -> msgbox with yes,no, cancel default push button 1 (yes) and pauses "script" till one of the buttons pressed ...

it CAN be undarstanded and it CAN be done ... :) will need little help tomorrow no going to rest ... thax all for the support and etc ...

EDIT:

MsgBox ( flag, "title", "text" [, timeout [, hwnd]] )

Parameters

flag The flag indicates the type of message box and the possible button combinations. See remarks. 
title The title of the message box. 
text The text of the message box. 
timeout [optional] Timeout in seconds. After the timeout has elapsed the message box will be automatically closed. The default is 0, which is no timeout. 
hwnd [optional] The window handle to use as the parent for this dialog. 

Return Value

Success: Returns the ID of the button pressed. 
Failure: Returns -1 if the message box timed out.

Button Pressed Return Value  
OK  1 
CANCEL  2 
ABORT  3 
RETRY  4 
IGNORE  5 
YES  6 
NO  7 
TRY AGAIN ** 10 
CONTINUE ** 11 

Remarks

The flag parameter can be a combination of the following values:

decimal flag Button-related Result hexadecimal flag 
0 OK button 0x0 
1 OK and Cancel 0x1 
2 Abort, Retry, and Ignore 0x2 
3 Yes, No, and Cancel 0x3 
4 Yes and No 0x4 
5 Retry and Cancel 0x5 
6 ** Cancel, Try Again, Continue 0x6 
decimal flag Icon-related Result hexadecimal flag 
0 (No icon) 0x0 
16 Stop-sign icon 0x10 
32 Question-mark icon 0x20 
48 Exclamation-point icon 0x30 
64 Information-sign icon consisting of an 'i' in a circle 0x40 
decimal flag Default-related Result hexadecimal flag 
0 First button is default button 0x0 
256 Second button is default button 0x100 
512 Third button is default button 0x200 
decimal flag Modality-related Result hexadecimal flag 
0 Application  0x0 
4096 System modal (dialog has an icon) 0x1000 
8192 Task modal 0x2000 
decimal flag Miscellaneous-related Result hexadecimal flag 
0 (nothing else special) 0x0 
262144 MsgBox has top-most attribute set 0x40000 
524288 title and text are right-justified 0x80000

lets play a game - show me the 10 differences between those codes ...

ps: s0z f0r m3 b4d 3ngl|sh

Edited by cheatera

if i ask for help i will get it right?

Only from people as stupid as you are.

Does anybody else find it incredibly amusing that I'm being ignored? I helped make AutoIt, I'm very familiar with the code base. I've also wrote PocketPC utilities so I know a little bit about that environment. Yet I'm being completely ignored as if I'm some random person who knows nothing about the subject.

Oh, Miss Irony, thou art a cruel mistress.

im rly sorry valik o:) this here isnt championship about whos better with autoit/c or whatever ... you are developer and u arnt ignored ... sry if u feel offended, but what im trying to do here is not competition ... im trying to port if not all atleast sum of autoit, and i cant do it without letting u ALL know that i will atleast TRY ... pls dont offend :)

and im not sutpid :)

Edited by cheatera

Conventional wisdom says that you are stupid whether you wish to believe that or not. For example, it's clear from the things you've said so far that you do not have even the first clue what the challenge in porting AutoIt to the mobile platform is. Another example of conventional wisdom not ruling in your favor would be the belief that in 2 weeks you can even begin to comprehend AutoIt. You did not write the code and you are not very familiar with the language it's written in. You are also dealing with a lot of poorly written code as some of the stuff we wrote back then was rubbish (or more rubbish than the rubbish we write now at any rate). Yet, you think that you can not only come to grips with this code but successfully port it from one API you do not know to another API you do not know which has even more subtle quirks about it?

If you wish to spend the next two weeks of your life on a fruitless endeavor, by all means, knock yourself out. But really, if you want to do that, I'm sure somebody here could use a slave for two weeks so you might as well serve someone's fancy and maybe do something productive.

WHY THE HELL U ARE ATTACKING ME?!?!?!?!? BCOZ I SAID THAT IT MAY BE DONE AND I EVENTUALLY CAN DO IT?!?!?! ONLY BCOZ U ARE DEV AND U SAID THAT IT CANT BE DONE AND THATS IT - PERIOD, IT CANT BE DONE!!!!!! STOP FUKIN OFFEND ME!!!! INSTEAD OF TO BE .... HAPPY IS STRONG WORD FOR YOUR NEGATIVITY ... TO BE (DONT KNOW VERY WELL ENGLISH) "GOOD THOUGHTED" THAT YOUR AUTOIT CAN BE PORTED AND EVEN HELP ME TO DO IT, YOU ONLY OFFEND AND ATTACK ME!!!?!?!?!!?!? WHAT DID I MAKE PERSONALY TO YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! CLOSE THE THREAT, DELETE THE TOPIC I DONT CARE .... WITH SUCH PPLS LIKE YOU AND ALL THAT NEGATIVITY, SARCASM IT CANT BE DONE - U ARE RIGHT, IT CANT BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT CODE IN C++ IS WRITTEN BE ME ONLY! © COPYRIGHTED!!! ME ME ME!!!

asshole ....

ps.: w8ing for the ban ... bcoz god valik said - NO PPLS CANT FLY ... ONLY I CAN ....

:):)o:);):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm doing this in two parts, too many quoted text tags to do in one.

WHY THE HELL U ARE ATTACKING ME?!?!?!?!?

Attacking you? No. Trying to help you stop wasting your time? Yes.

BCOZ I SAID THAT IT MAY BE DONE AND I EVENTUALLY CAN DO IT?!?!?!

That's hardly what you said...

ONLY BCOZ U ARE DEV AND U SAID THAT IT CANT BE DONE AND THATS IT - PERIOD, IT CANT BE DONE!!!!!!

Oh really? It seems to me I said it could be done but that it wasn't practical to do it. Big difference.

STOP FUKIN OFFEND ME!!!!

Did it occur that maybe your blatant disregard for the advice of somebody who knows more than you is also offensive? What about the offensiveness of all caps posting to many people?

INSTEAD OF TO BE .... HAPPY IS STRONG WORD FOR YOUR NEGATIVITY ... TO BE (DONT KNOW VERY WELL ENGLISH)

You confuse negativity and truth. I said nothing that wasn't simply true.

"GOOD THOUGHTED" THAT YOUR AUTOIT CAN BE PORTED AND EVEN HELP ME TO DO IT, YOU ONLY OFFEND AND ATTACK ME!!!?!?!?!!?!?

If I wanted to help you I would save myself a tremendous amount of effort and do it myself. The thing is, I realized a long time ago that AutoIt isn't really suited for mobile devices or more to the point mobile devices aren't really suited to AutoIt.

WHAT DID I MAKE PERSONALY TO YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?? NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you did bring up a subject that's beat to death. That's kind of annoying.

CLOSE THE THREAT, DELETE THE TOPIC I DONT CARE .... WITH SUCH PPLS LIKE YOU AND ALL THAT NEGATIVITY, SARCASM IT CANT BE DONE - U ARE RIGHT, IT CANT BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I didn't say it couldn't be done and once again I state that I did nothing more than state the truth about it.

THAT CODE IN C++ IS WRITTEN BE ME ONLY! © COPYRIGHTED!!! ME ME ME!!!

What code?

asshole ....

Right. Didn't you know that beforehand? I'm known by that and many other names.

ps.: w8ing for the ban ... bcoz god valik said - NO PPLS CANT FLY ... ONLY I CAN ....

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

You earned yourself a vacation because you can't accept the truth and you can't tell the difference between "can't do" and "shouldn't do". Bravo.