ConsoleWrite() and Scite

Fur

I've started using Scite to edit my scripts and ConsoleWrite() to do some debug prints. However, it keeps outputting everything on the same line in the output pane. Is there some way to make it do a carriage return/linefeed? I've tried ConsoleWrite($var & "\n") but that doesn't work.

• Developers

I've started using Scite to edit my scripts and ConsoleWrite() to do some debug prints.  However, it keeps outputting everything on the same line in the output pane. Is there some way to make it do a carriage return/linefeed?  I've tried ConsoleWrite($var & "\n")  but that doesn't work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In SciTE you could use Alt+D as well to generate the debug consolewrite() line. :lmao:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

what other programs can catch that console write???

is there a way to make a an autoit GUI do that??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think most advanced editors have that feature. At least UltraEdit does. But SciTE does it better: with UE you have to close the script file before output is written, in SciTE you can have 'real-time' output.

maby i can use the /c parameter!!

can anybody tell me more about that?? i just picked it up from another topic

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

• Developers

maby i can use the /c parameter!!

can anybody tell me more about that?? i just picked it up from another topic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you exactly want to do with the STDOUT information generated by ConsoleWrite() ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

well....duon't eally know.

i just need a way to make my script run the command adn do the following things:

1. remember the output if there was a $array = ....

2. write the output in the "output" field.

3. return the output if a array is asked (used after 1. )

4. maby more later

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...