How to get Windows Input Fileds detected ?

autoitxp

First, please delete one of your topics. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you got a 500 error and that's the reason for the double post. Second, you can use the Window Info Tool to detect control names and work from there. Post a screenshot or articulate your request better to get more help.

lol my browser do such thing i click on submit and it sent 2 posts

and which function to detect that ?

START->Run->Au3info.exe->Enter

This is the window info tool. It will give you all details you need to manipulate other window controls.

I do not like stupid and idiot people that write idiot things...If you are one, do not write.

Hi

hi guyz how to get windows input fields detected like i want to get all list of internal windows input Fileds is it possible ?

Try this:

#include <Array.au3> ;Only for _ArrayDisplay

Dim $aWindows = WinList()
Dim $aMatch[1][2]
Dim $sClass

For $i = 1 To $aWindows[0][0]
    $sClass = WinGetClassList($aWindows[$i][1])

If (StringInStr($sClass, "Edit") > 0) And ($aWindows[$i][0] <> "AutoIt v3") Then
        $aMatch[0][0] += 1
        ReDim $aMatch[$aMatch[0][0] + 1][2]
        $aMatch[$aMatch[0][0]][0] = $aWindows[$i][1]
        $aMatch[$aMatch[0][0]][1] = $aWindows[$i][0]
    EndIf
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aMatch)

:)

well this not going to slove my problem . i got stucked at one point . actually i have web form with several Input Fields . like First name , Last name etc

i donno how to detect when user Tabbed or clicked on other Input Field . simply want to pop up msg when user fill one field and tabbed or click on other Input Filed to Fill

Well im not using Internet Explorer I use Firefox so cannot use _IE functions kind help me.

Well web browsers are different. the form controls are not seen as seperate objects to windows.

Windows and AutoIT see the whole web page area as one object. So it can't manipulate then the way other windows controls can be

The _IE functions were createdto use dll's within windows that can interact with the page controls. However nobody has create anything like that for FireFox that I'm aware of.

AutoIT could watch for the tab key while the firefox windows was active.

But you would have no way of knowing what they tabbed into.

If it's your page I would look into adding some javascript functions to the form controls.

That would do what you want.

Kenny

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

There is an FF.au3 file for firefox automation. There is also the obvious _IE functions. If you are doing this for automation and not just to catch passwords/usernames then sometimes you have to just deal with using IE.