SciTE Question

Pumagaju

Hello,

I just upgraded to SciTE 1.77 from 1.74(I think) to help get a co-worker set up making AutoIT scripts. But now when I compile my code I have to jump through several different steps to get my EXE made when before I could just hi F7 and it would do it.

The first window is the Aut2Exe that references command line parameters.

The next window is the Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter

This window requires me to re-enter both paths for the au3 and exe files and then click on Convert. Once done this window wont go away without clicking the red X in the corner.

Am I missing some configuration settings on this version?

Thanks,

Just use ctrl+F7, it compiles directly and gives the chance to specify options. If you want everything default all you have to do is click "Compile" or press enter.

• Developers

Hello,

I just upgraded to SciTE 1.77 from 1.74(I think) to help get a co-worker set up making AutoIT scripts. But now when I compile my code I have to jump through several different steps to get my EXE made when before I could just hi F7 and it would do it.

The first window is the Aut2Exe that references command line parameters.

The next window is the Aut2Exe v3 - AutoIt Script to EXE Converter

This window requires me to re-enter both paths for the au3 and exe files and then click on Convert. Once done this window wont go away without clicking the red X in the corner.

Am I missing some configuration settings on this version?

Thanks,

Check the path specified for "autoit3dir=" in au3.properties located in directory: c:\program files\autoit3\autoit3\scite\properties

If that looks correct then show me the information shown in the SciTE outputpane when F7 is pressed so I can see what is happening.

Jos :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Check the path specified for "autoit3dir=" in au3.properties located in directory: c:\program files\autoit3\autoit3\scite\properties

If that looks correct then show me the information shown in the SciTE outputpane when F7 is pressed so I can see what is happening.

Jos :)

This is what my properties file reports:

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Does this look correct?

I have uploaded screen shots if that helps.

Thanks,

errors.doc

• Developers

This is what my properties file reports:

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Does this look correct?

I have uploaded screen shots if that helps.

Thanks,

Only you know if this is correct. :)

What directory is AutoIt3 installed to?

As far as the attachements. I am not looking for these screen captures but the Information shown in SciTE in the bottom frame (Outputpane) . Just do a select and cut&paste into a reply.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Only you know if this is correct. :)

What directory is AutoIt3 installed to?

As far as the attachements. I am not looking for these screen captures but the Information shown in SciTE in the bottom frame (Outputpane) . Just do a select and cut&paste into a reply.

Jos

Here is the output:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "D:\junk_drawer\scripting\scripts\Sprint.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3"

+>10:58:06 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.14 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 3 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.10.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>10:58:07 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.10.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "D:\junk_drawer\scripting\scripts\Sprint.au3" /out "D:\junk_drawer\scripting\scripts\Sprint.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\gdawn_su\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

+>10:58:21 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0

+>10:58:21 Created program:D:\junk_drawer\scripting\scripts\Sprint.exe

->Warning: This is an Unicode compiled script and will not run on Win9x/ME.

+>10:58:22 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 15.818

Thanks,

• Developers

You are running a version of autoit3 that is too old (v 3.2.10.0) and not supported by autoiut3wrapper.

I assume you keep the scite4autoit3 updates "more or less" in sync with autoit3 updates.

edit: the issue is that commandline options were added to aut3exe and used by AutoIt3Wrapper which your version not supports.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

You are running a version of autoit3 that is too old (v 3.2.10.0) and not supported by autoiut3wrapper.

I assume you keep the scite4autoit3 updates "more or less" in sync with autoit3 updates.

edit: the issue is that commandline options were added to aut3exe and used by AutoIt3Wrapper which your version not supports.

Jos

Good catch Jos, when I updated SciTE for AutoIT I did not update AutoIT thinking that update was included.

Problem now solved.

Thanks a ton!

• Developers

Good catch Jos

You are welcome..

I guess I am supposed to understand how it al works as I wrote AutoIt3Wrapper :)

Enjoy,

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 2 months later...

I'm looking for some assistance and this is the closest thread to my issue. I recently installed autoit 3.3.0.0 and scite 1.77 from scratch. Then I brought over my code from a previous version of autoit. Everything worked fine except now I'm not able to compile through Scite. First I get two windows as the original poster but I'm not able to complete the compile because it cannot locate AutoItSC.bin. I think it could be one of two different things. After setting up the configuration on the first comple screen the command line has two spaces after aut2exe.exe and /in. This may not be a big deal but other examples I've seen do not have the two spaces. 2nd, the path to AutoItSC.bin has a space with no quote however it does truncate the DOCUME~1 folder. See below.

>"D:\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper_Gui.exe" /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\count-do.au3"

+>19:43:57 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper GUI v.1.10.1.14

-> No changes made..

+>19:44:09 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.14 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_2003/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86 ANSI)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.14.0) from:D:\AutoIt3

+>19:44:10 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.0.0):):\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "D:\AutoIt3\Examples\count-do.au3" /out "D:\de.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\!eventarchiver\Local Settings\Temp\1\AutoItSC.bin

!>19:45:24 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999

+>19:45:24 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished

>Exit code: 0 Time: 87.143

Here's the question. Where does the /Bin path come from and can I change it?

Thanks!

• Developers

Here's the question. Where does the /Bin path come from and can I change it?

This is your @TEMPDIR. What I do in AutoIt3Wrapper is make a copy of the appropriate BIN file to the temp dir after which the Resources are updated.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 7 months later...

I'm having this issue compiling scripts. Look closely at the /Bin command line option. The Path contains both shortname format "DOCUME~1" and long filenames "Local Settings".

Running:(3.3.0.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.exe" /icon "H:\icons\inotes.ico" /comp 2 /nopack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\burgharo\Local Settings\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

Is there a way to change the temp directory that Aut2exe uses?

• Developers

I'm having this issue compiling scripts. Look closely at the /Bin command line option. The Path contains both shortname format "DOCUME~1" and long filenames "Local Settings".

Running:(3.3.0.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.exe" /icon "H:\icons\inotes.ico" /comp 2 /nopack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\burgharo\Local Settings\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

Is there a way to change the temp directory that Aut2exe uses?

As stated in the post above yours: This is not the Temp directory that aut2exe.exe uses but this is something done by AutoIt3wrapper. Autoit3Wrapper will make a copy of the required BIN file to your PC's TempDir to allow it to update the Program resources.

This directory is what is set in your PC, so what is wrong with it?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The Aut2exe does not compile the script, it gives a message box with the "Command Line Parameters:" Aut2Exe.exe /in <infile.au3> ...

If I copy the command to a command window and put quotes around the /Bin filepath, it compiles correctly.

Output from SciTE (does not compile):

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.exe" /icon "H:\icons\inotes.ico" /comp 2 /nopack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\burgharo\Local Settings\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

This compiles from the command line:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\burgharo\Desktop\test.exe" /icon "H:\icons\inotes.ico" /comp 2 /nopack /Bin "C:\DOCUME~1\burgharo\Local Settings\Temp\AutoItSC.bin"

The space in "Local Settings" is causing the problem. My guess is that FileGetShortName($AutoItBin) in AutoIt3Wrapper.au3 is not working correctly...

Line:892 If $AutoItBin <> "" And FileExists($AutoItBin) Then $s_CMDLine &= ' /Bin ' & FileGetShortName($AutoItBin) & ''

I have not discovered the root cause of this, but I was able to correct it.

@TempDir was reporting: C:\DOCUME~1\burgharo\Local Settings\Temp

Now, @TempDir is correct: C:\DOCUME~1\burgharo\LOCALS~1\Temp

Changing my temp path in my user profile did not correct the issue. I had to completely delete my user's profile and create a new one from the default profile.