Mark items in large TreeView

water

I have quite a large TreeView (between 40000 and 100000 items). I would like to "mark" items based on a "filter" so the user can easily see what has been filtered.

What would be a fast way? Change the color of the item txt, change the background, use an icon ...?

What would you suggest?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have quite a large TreeView (between 40000 and 100000 items). I would like to "mark" items based on a "filter" so the user can easily see what has been filtered.

What would be a fast way? Change the color of the item txt, change the background, use an icon ...?

What would you suggest?

You may go back to the roots (like as stated in your other thread) with some extra work or

as long as you get no better answer

think about your data organization.

Reading 40'-100tsd items at once is a bigger task.

A treeview is normaly used for structured or to structure information.

So maybe you can split the tasks, so that you don't need all at once.

For example:

If you write an explorer and read in the information for all drives/files at once,

you have the user to inform: "I'm thinking. Come back after lunch".

If you read only the first drive you get a quick view on the treeview and the user can

choose where he want to go.

Something like: Filefind or Textfind is mostly in an extra task, but also with some selections in order

to reduce the data-volume to that what is realy needed.

Perhaps it's a thinking for you,

Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

Hi Reinhard,

thanks for your reply.

What I'm trying to accomplish: Our key account users need information which users can access the network shares assigned to the department. So my "quick and dirty" solution takes the information from DUMPACL, condenses and displays the information in a TreeView as Explorer would do it.

After some efforts to improve performance the script needs a few seconds for 45000 tree items.

I now display the Tree, the assigned AD groups to each directory, the directory and file access rights and details for each AD group.

The next question to answer will be: Which Directories can be accessed by user x?

One possible solution would be to scan the Tree and mark the matching directories.

I'm in the "design" phase now and grateful for any tips

Thomas

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

The next question to answer will be: Which Directories can be accessed by user x?

One possible solution would be to scan the Tree and mark the matching directories.

I'm in the "design" phase now and grateful for any tips

Thomas

Sorry,

that's really not my world. I'm a - what you called - key account user and I need already IT-help to fill out the forms that are needed to add a User to my Citrix-Goup, Web-Drive group, SAP-Protal drive (webspace) and ...

Which Directories can be accessed - with which rights - by user x?

is a real good question and I think I would get an answer in some weeks (Why you look on seceonds?)

Can you send me the tool, when you are ready? Looks great, already now.

However it all sound like it would be a good database application, where you may use Au3 as GUI for different querys.

For the search in treeview I would look into the _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem ..Ex to see if you can mark it direct with the find. But as I sayed getting an answer in some days would be already great for me, so you may save the time and use ....SelectItem with the handle from ....findItem.

Personal I would prefer to query and present that information in an extra task (liestview), but that maybe a personal feeling, because I not really understand all dimensions of the project.

Hope you get some better / real help,

best regards, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran