How do you select items in this type of screen? *IMG*

In the screen shot attached. How so I select an item inside of there via script. Also is there a name for this type of object? When I hover the autoit finder tool over it, it sees it as one big square, rather than separate items.

post-41835-1227724682_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Programmit

What I'm using AutoIt for: I was hired as QA to write automated tests for our software. So I macro any possible situation/process a user could get themselves into, and then check to see that the outcome is what I expect.

In the screen shot attached. How so I select an item inside of there via script. Also is there a name for this type of object? When I hover the autoit finder tool over it, it sees it as one big square, rather than separate items.

Thanks,

Programmit

Bring up the Window Info tool, put the mouse on that control, then hit Ctrl-Alt-F to freeze the data in the info tool. Post the information from the Control tab. If it is a SysListView32 for example there are specific UDFs to deal with it.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

See Below:

post-41835-1227725428_thumb.jpg

That looks like a .NET form control (sez me -- NOT a .NET programmer).

AutoIt works on the common Windows APIs. If that control is custom created by it's compiler, then AutoIt won't have any way to know how to interface with it.

You could try getting the handle to the control and then retrieving some basic information by assuming it is a SysListView32 interface for example. Like _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount(). If you're lucky it might work, but don't be too surprised if it doesn't.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Ok thanks for the help. In the past I have just had the .NET Developer write me some custom calls that I can use from AutoIt. I posted this hoping their might be a way for me to do it without having to bug them.

Thanks,

Programit

What I'm using AutoIt for: I was hired as QA to write automated tests for our software. So I macro any possible situation/process a user could get themselves into, and then check to see that the outcome is what I expect.

Like @ specific coords? What I would need to do is be able to click a specific item in that list, rather than @ a specific location.