Getting Text Out of Pictures

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this before, but on a lot of sites, they require you to look at a picture and type in whatever word is in it to make sure you're not a robot. Well there is this one that has 4 numbers on it, with random lines in the background and stuff. Is there a way to get AutoIt to get each number out of the picture and assign them to a variable? It sounds impossible.. but do you think there's a way?

Thanks,

Joey

Yep. Look at this thread, it's VERY hard.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

yes but you have to have every possible background, and every possible font checked and it could take sooooooooo long.

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]

yes but you have to have every possible background, and every possible font checked and it could take sooooooooo long.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahaha I think if I put enough time into it, I could get every single background/font combination. I just have to figure out what to do after getting all of this? How would I make autoit scan the picture?

These graphics are created to make it unable to automate some steps. You're trying to automate them, meaning you're misusing the pages, maybe even violating terms of use.

Besides if they notice you have automated it they just change the script that creates the graphics (very easy to do) and they have invalidated severall days of your hard work since the graphic now looks different and your script is again unable to recognize anything...

It's just not worth the effort.