breaking keys...

Influx

It seems that when i set a large number of hot keys, some keys break until i lock my pc (win + l) then unlock

for example caps lock will be reversed or ctrl will get stuck down.

any way around this.

(This also happens when certain scripts don't exit correctly)

(I doubt this is of any use at all, but i know it happens every time i process kill an app made in AutoHotKey)

yeah, you could try adlib along with _ispressed to do the same thing as hotkeyset.

Here's an example:

#include <Misc.au3>
AdlibEnable("CheckHotKeys", 75)

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func CheckHotKeys()
    If _IsPressed("14") Then CapsLockFunction()
EndFunc

Func CapsLockFunction()
    MsgBox(0, "", "Caps Lock Pressed")
EndFunc

I only recommend using this on keys that are causing you a problem such as CTL and Caps Lock as you mentioned.

For everything else you should continue to use HotKeySet()

-Kenny

Edited by ken82m

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

The issue is key combos like CTRL+A CTRL+V SHIFT+A SHIFT +:) will cause this and lock the key down. Is there any way to check if ctrl, and shift are on and maybe send a command to "lift" the key(but only if the script has locked it, not if its held down by the user

Not that I know of, I honestly have never heard of this problem before.

You sound try Send("{SHIFTUP}") or Send("{CTRLUP}")

You should also check windows make sure stickykeys keys hasn't kicked in.

When you lock and unlock your machine is the script running the whole time or do you start your script again after unlocking the machine?

Kenny

Edited by ken82m

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

Look at my last post here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85080

Sounds like the same thing.

Kenny

Nice.

However this is not ideal because the letters dont show up untill after the user releases the keys.

And if the user insists on holding down shift and beating the keys the still send and cause an even bigger error.

so now my question is there maybe some low level dll to send keys with? ne that would simply accept the keystoke as-is and send it.

Edited by Influx