Auto Scrolling in Listbox

scriptcoder

Hi all!

I've added a ListBox to my GUI as a way to update the user as to what steps the application has already taken. I want to add a new "line" to the listbox everytime something significant happens.

The problem I am having is that with too many "lines" the listbox does not scroll automatically to keep up with the lines but instead stays focused on the first set of "lines" Does anyone know how to make the listbox scroll automatically when the listbox is filled with lines?

Sorry about my english I'm still learning.... :)

Hi all!

I've added a ListBox to my GUI as a way to update the user as to what steps the application has already taken. I want to add a new "line" to the listbox everytime something significant happens.

The problem I am having is that with too many "lines" the listbox does not scroll automatically to keep up with the lines but instead stays focused on the first set of "lines" Does anyone know how to make the listbox scroll automatically when the listbox is filled with lines?

Sorry about my english I'm still learning.... :)

You need _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount() to get the number of lines from ListBox and _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel() to select the last item from list.

When the words fail... music speaks.

Thank you for a quick reply Andreik.

I cannot get it to work. I have the following to detect and change the listbox items.:

CODE
$numberofitems = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($List1)

_GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($List1,$numberofitems)

I feel like I'm missing something simple. Could you (or someone else) provide an example? :)

scriptcoder

Example:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ScrollBarConstants.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 300, 200)

$ListBox = GUICtrlCreateList("", 10, 10, 280, 180)
GUICtrlSetData($ListBox, _
                "New string|New string|New string|New string|New string|New string|New string|New string|New string")

GUISetState()

AdlibEnable("_StringAdd", 1000)

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

AdlibDisable()

Func _StringAdd()
    GUICtrlSetData($ListBox, "New string|")

GUICtrlSendMsg($ListBox, $WM_VSCROLL, $SB_LINEDOWN, 0) ;Scroll the ListBox control
EndFunc   ;==>_StringAdd

:)