Latest Beta - No @AutoITUnicode ?

ken82m

I had a UDF that was using @unicode, I changed that to @AutoITUnicode.

But now I tried to run it on the latest beta and @AutoITUnicode doesn't work either.

I don't see anything about that being removed in the change log in the help file.

Thanks,

Kenny

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

The latest beta has removed ansi support. THis means that there is no sense in having the @AutoItUnicode macro.

Easy solution though, if the script for example look like this:

If @AutoItUnicode Then
    $something="Unicode"
Else
    $something="Ansi"
EndIf

Just transform it into:

$something="Unicode"

:)

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

I've got a whole bunch like these in the UDF. I didn't write it.

I'm pretty sure but just to make sure... :)

Based on your example this conversion is ok right?

Thanks,

Kenny

Original

If @AutoItUnicode Then
                $pSendMessage = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "ptr", "GetProcAddress", "ptr", $gh_DllCallBack_hUser32, "str", "SendMessageW")
                If @error Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
            Else
                $pSendMessage = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "ptr", "GetProcAddress", "ptr", $gh_DllCallBack_hUser32, "str", "SendMessageA")
            EndIf

New:

$pSendMessage = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "ptr", "GetProcAddress", "ptr", $gh_DllCallBack_hUser32, "str", "SendMessageW")
Edited by ken82m

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

I've got a whole bunch like these in the UDF. I didn't write it.

I'm pretty sure but just to make sure... :)

Based on your example this conversion is ok right?

Thanks,

Kenny

Original

If @AutoItUnicode Then
            Else
                $pSendMessage = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "ptr", "GetProcAddress", "ptr", $gh_DllCallBack_hUser32, "str", "SendMessageA")
            EndIf

New:

it should be

[size="10"]Pure Au3 crypt funcs(I'm currently also working on making a dll from this)[/size][Y] Be more active in the community[Y] Get 200 posts[N] Get 300 posts[N] Make a Topic in the example scripts forum with at least 50 replies.People who currently hate me:ValikSmOke_N

Yeah I noticed that just after I posted it lol

You were too quick for me :)

Thanks guys I appreciate the help.

Kenny

• Developers

I don't see anything about that being removed in the change log in the help file.

It does in my Beta Helpfile:

3.2.13.1 (10th June, 2008) (Beta)

AutoIt:

- Added: New flag for StringSplit() to not return the count in element 0.

- Fixed #358: Install dir documentation cleaned up (thanks Zedna).

- Fixed #355: Child not visible beta regression. (Thanks Ultima)

- Fixed #366: AutoIt crash on bad syntax.

- Fixed #360: RunAs() under Windows 2000.

- Fixed #367: STDIO functions in compiled scripts work again.

- Removed #357: @AutoItUnicode macro.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

oh...I didn't notice the link at the top to bring up the text file for the beta history.

Sorry

Edited by ken82m