ssh

nobby

I am trying to automate a shutdown script to run from a windows box to shutdown a linux box.

In itself it is not complicated but the script should be able to run when the windws box is locked or even when it is logged out.

All the ssh apps I have tried so far require keyboard input which cannot be done whe a PC is locked.

It is to respond to a UPS event to gracefully shutdown...

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, advice

CheersNobby

I am trying to automate a shutdown script to run from a windows box to shutdown a linux box.

In itself it is not complicated but the script should be able to run when the windws box is locked or even when it is logged out.

All the ssh apps I have tried so far require keyboard input which cannot be done whe a PC is locked.

It is to respond to a UPS event to gracefully shutdown...

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, advice

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After the STDIO functionality has been added, the beta version of AutoIt could control your SSH client if it supports console redirection (don't know if any do...)

Crazy as it might sound, you might look into MUD clients that support SSH, most MUD clients are scriptable to automate a command line session (like a MUD...)

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

Hi,

not really AutoIt related, but Putty is able to run a script after logging in to the server via the -m command line switch. You could call that script with private key authorisation.

Has someone tried to install an AutoIt script a a NT Service, via Firedaemon or the M$ es srvany? Then you could call that batch within AutoIt without a logged on user.