How to run START command with RunAs()?

Morteza

Anybody know why the following cod will not work?

$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @computername,"password",1,"start /wait /b reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)

When I delete "Start /wait /b" all things work good, but a command prompt screen is appeared in milisec. I need to disappear this command prompt, so i must use "Start /wait /b" for running "Reg" command. When I execute

"start /wait /b reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r"

with Windows RunAs, all thing work good.

What is the problem with AutoIt RunAs()?

Best Regards

Why are you using start in stead of @Comspec?

Because my need is hiding "REG" command prompt completely and just start can does it. CMD /c have a command prompt windows for itself and I can not hide it too. I used START and CMD in combination with each other, but START can not hide CMD command prompt window and this is just as the same as I use REG without START.

becourse @comspec and Start isn't the same?

With start you can use:

start http://www.autoitscript.com

With @comspec you cant use that.

But, running start, with @comspec is a better idea i guess.

cmd /c "start /wait /b reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r"

edit: Fixed prob of the Bold tag

Edited by jaenster

-jaenster

becourse @comspec and Start isn't the same?

With start you can use:

start http://www.autoitscript.com

With @comspec you cant use that.

But, running start, with @comspec is a better idea i guess.

cmd /c "start /wait /b reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r"

edit: Fixed prob of the Bold tag

I was tested your suggestion before my letter. When I use the following code:

$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @computername,"password",1,@comspec & " /c start /wait /b reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)

Not only REG does not work, but also START is bypassed too and instead of one command prompt window, two command prompt is appeared in milisec.

When I changed the above code to the follow:

$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @computername,"password",1,"start /wait /b cmd /c reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)

Command prompts were reduced to one again, but REG not work as previous.

• Developers

I was referring to something like:

$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @ComputerName, "password", 1, @comspec & " /c reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I was referring to something like:

$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @ComputerName, "password", 1, @comspec & " /c reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /r", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)

I can understand your scope, but I explained why CMD is not useful for me

With @sw_hide you dont see the cmd :)

If you read my code, you will see this flag is used beforehand, but @SW_HIDE just can hide one window, CMD window or REG window. In anyway, one prompt will be appeared in milisec without START. Test it, you will see that :)

Edited by Morteza

• Developers

I can understand your scope, but I explained why CMD is not useful for me

I have seen you only use CMD in combination with START and I do not see you explicitely state you tried the command I provide.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have seen you only use CMD in combination with START and I do not see you explicitely state you tried the command I provide.

Please compile the following code in Console mode and ran the EXE file. I'm sure you will see my problem.

func _Test()
$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @ComputerName, "password", 1, @comspec & " /c reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /f", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc

For $a = 1 to 5000
    _Test()
Next
Edited by Morteza

I ran your example script _Test() and I didn't see any window. Open task manager and I can see cmd.exe running several times, but no flashing cmd window. I tested in windows xp professional sp2. There is any reason why you cannot run it without @Comspec, tested and work fine for me.

$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @ComputerName, "password", 1, "reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /f", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

If you read my code, you will see this flag is used beforehand, but @SW_HIDE just can hide one window, CMD window or REG window. In anyway, one prompt will be appeared in milisec without START. Test it, you will see that :)

-jaenster

I ran your example script _Test() and I didn't see any window. Open task manager and I can see cmd.exe running several times, but no flashing cmd window. I tested in windows xp professional sp2. There is any reason why you cannot run it without @Comspec, tested and work fine for me.

$nResult = RunAsWait("username", @ComputerName, "password", 1, "reg add ""HKCU\software"" /v ""Value"" /d ""Data"" /t ""REG_SZ"" /f", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE)
very strange :) With or Without CMD /c (@comspec & " /c") I just can see the following screen shot. Did you compiled it in Console mode?

post-41304-1228343866_thumb.gif

Edited by Morteza

if you want to hide that? why you just dont start regedit.exe instant with that parameters and hide it :)?

Very simple, because Regedit can not work with on the fly registry key created codes; It can work just with REG files. :)

very strange :) With or Without CMD /c (@comspec & " /c") I just can see the following screen shot. Did you compiled it in Console mode?

No, I didn't. I'm using Scite as a editor and I press F7 to build the .exe file. When I press Ctrl+F7 which is compile and added the check mark to Create CUI instead of GUI EXE then I can see the same think as your screen shoot. Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line