The most helpful search utility you could ever use for these boards

Ealric

I've started to realize that Google tends to be a very good search tool for these boards. Simply use the following syntax:

site:www.autoitscript.com/forum/ searchwords moresearchwords (*Month Year*) -WordsYouDontWant

where say I wanted to search for an excel parser on these forums I would put in..

site:www.autoitscript.com/forum/ parse excel (*2008) -xml

which would then reference everything specifically related to parsing excel on the autoit forums for any month in the year 2008, removing any posts that house xml..

I've found that it tends to be more useful tan the search tool on the forums. I hope some folks find some enjoyment with this simple tip..

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

Sounds sweet, I always have problems sorting through un-related threads that this site's search engine brings up...

I looked up _IECreate today using this:

site:www.autoitscript.com/forum/ _IECreate (*2008*)

Worked like a charm with the wildcards on the year pulling up just the 2008 results..

Glad I could offer a tip. :)

My Projects: [topic="89413"]GoogleHack Search[/topic], [topic="67095"]Swiss File Knife GUI[/topic], [topic="69072"]Mouse Location Pointer[/topic], [topic="86040"]Standard Deviation Calculator[/topic]

• 1 month later...

good to know, thanks!

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

I started using Google site search shortly after joining this forum.

I've had results from Google that haven't come up in a forum advanced search.

can't forget Big Daddy's Autoit Menu Firefox extension.

adds Autoit forum search and Google site search options to right click context menu

AutoIt Menu, Firefox Extension

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42990

I see fascists...