Download file from link in email

KLyles

I hope some one can give me some insight on this.

We have several emails that are sent to us on a daily basis. Each email contains a link that brings up a pop up box to download the file. Currently we do this by manually. Is this something that AutoIt can do? We are running Exchange Server with Outlook Clients. Any ideas?

Klyles

We have several emails that are sent to us on a daily basis. Each email contains a link that brings up a pop up box to download the file. Currently we do this by manually. Is this something that AutoIt can do? We are running Exchange Server with Outlook Clients. Any ideas?

Klyles

Use the forum's search function. There have been many posts on automating Outlook clients.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Klyles

Hi,

There are many functions to do this :)

First you can try to get controlID of controls you want to use

Au3info.exe > Directory of Autoit3

You select "Control" tab and you can see all info of the control over your cursor

Use ControlSetText()

ControlSend()

ControlClick()

And many others...

Then you can hightligh link with mouse functions

MouseClickDrag()

And copy it :

Send("^C")

you can get it from clipboard :

MsgBox(0,"",ClipGet())

If you don't understand somes functions, don't forget to read helpfile :) (F1 in SciTE)

Hi,

There are many functions to do this :)

First you can try to get controlID of controls you want to use

Au3info.exe > Directory of Autoit3

You select "Control" tab and you can see all info of the control over your cursor

Use ControlSetText()

ControlSend()

ControlClick()

And many others...

I was thinking more of the many examples of using the Outlook COM interface. Like the one by ptrex.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law