Join files together...

I am very new to AutoIt. I have searched for the answer for my question and read the FAQ's but still need help...

I run a command from the Windows command prompt to join multiple .vob files into a single .mpg file. The command looks something like this:

copy /D Z:\moviedirectory\Video_ts\*.vob Z:\moviename.mpg

This works for me, but I want to create an autoit script to make this process quicker.

I cannot find an autoit command that properly joins the .vob files together. I have tried the filecopy and filemove commands, but they both only take the first .VOB file and rename it to moviename.mpg

Is there an autoit command that will join files together like the copy command does? What is it?

Here is my script so far...

$moviename = InputBox ( "Creating MPG file", "What is the name of the directory containing the .VOB files?")

FileCopy( "Z:\DVD's-2\temp\"&$moviename&"\VIDEO_TS\*.VOB", "Z:\DVD's\"&$moviename&".mpg", 0)

You can also use AutoIt to run the command line command that works for you.

Hope it helps,

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

The FileRead, FileWrite, and File API functions seem like it would be a complicated way to complete a simple task.

Would I be able to plug my variable from the input box into the command line from AutoIt? This sounds like the best method if possible.

You most certainly can...

Jarvis

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Here is what my script ended up looking like. It works quite well.

$moviename = InputBox ( "Creating MPG file", "What is the name of the directory that contains the .VOB's?")

RunWait(@COMSPEC & " /c copy /D Z:\DVD's-2\temp\"&$moviename&"\VIDEO_TS Z:\DVD's\"&$moviename&".mpg")

If anybody is wondering, I use it to take ripped DVD .VOB files (From DVD's that I own) and join them into one .mpg that I can upload and play on the TIVO. The $moviename variable is necessary because the .VOB files are in a unique directory created by the ripping software. Its usually something like "BATMAN_BEGINS". Before this script was created I had to type everything out in the command line every time.

Thank you for your help!