Breaking it down

I'm not sure if this is possible with autoit, but can it break images down into X by X blocks? For example let me do this

|xxxxxxxxxx|

|xxxxxxxxxx|

|xxxxxxxxxx| this is a 10x4 image. could I break it down into two 5x4 images?

|xxxxxxxxxx|

---------------

so it would end up like

_____

|xxxxx

|xxxxx

|xxxxx

|xxxxx

--------

_____

xxxxx|

xxxxx|

xxxxx|

xxxxx|

--------

And then save one half or use one of the half images as a image control?

Basically I want to use half an image (or less than half).

Edited by killaz219

Edit the image in paint?

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

No, heh.

I mean you just manually chop it into two pieces... can you go into more detail?

If you're making a GUI, then you should just cut the image up in Paint.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

But then I would have to include A LOT of pictures for what I'm doing...

Well I guess having 1 million small pictures instead of 1 big one might work for some of it; But I need the user to put in a picture and then break it down. I can't go over to every users house and do it there for them.

Edited by killaz219

For what? A GUI?

Sorry but you'll have to split it up into a bunch of pictures, at least if it's a GUI and with the way I know.

if you know how to decode images... if thats even the correct word for it

[font="Times"] If anyone remembers me, I am back. Maybe to stay, maybe not.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Times"]Things I am proud of: Pong! in AutoIt | SearchbarMy website: F.R.I.E.S.A little website that is trying to get started: http://thepiratelounge.net/ (not mine)[/font][font="Times"] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][font="Arial"]The newbies need to stop stealing avatars!!! It is confusing!![/font]