How to select the window

tironci

Hello everyone,

I started using AutoIt today for the first time. I am trying to write a script that will install a program and then open a file with that program. I am able to open the program, right click on the reports and have Open file window open. I am stuck at selecting the main window where the files are so that i can select a file. this is the code i have come up with.

ControlClick ( "Open","Browser", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "primary")

any help wold be appreciated.

thank you

Hello everyone,

I started using AutoIt today for the first time. I am trying to write a script that will install a program and then open a file with that program. I am able to open the program, right click on the reports and have Open file window open. I am stuck at selecting the main window where the files are so that i can select a file. this is the code i have come up with.

ControlClick( "Open","Browser", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "primary")

any help wold be appreciated.

thank you

Welcome to AutoIt. :)

Use the AutoIt Window Info Tool (AU3Info.exe) that came with AutoIt to get information on the window and the control you want to work with. It looks like you already have information on a SysListView321 ControlNameNN. Look in the help file for the ControlListView() function to find and select items in a SysListView32 control.

More complicated but powerful tools are also available in the _GuiCtrlListView_* functions when you are feeling more advanced.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Welcome to AutoIt. :)

Use the AutoIt Window Info Tool (AU3Info.exe) that came with AutoIt to get information on the window and the control you want to work with. It looks like you already have information on a SysListView321 ControlNameNN. Look in the help file for the ControlListView() function to find and select items in a SysListView32 control.

More complicated but powerful tools are also available in the _GuiCtrlListView_* functions when you are feeling more advanced.

:)

thank you very much for your help. i used ControlListView() and i got it to work.