error in using FileInstall()

Helloo,

My Code:

Func _Install()
    TrayTip("Loading...", "Please wait a while!", 10, 1)
    FileInstall(@ScriptDir & "\Win32_Title.JPG", @TempDir & "\Win32_Title.JPG", 0)
    FileInstall(@ScriptDir & "\Win32_Welcome.JPG", @TempDir & "\Win32_Welcome.JPG", 0)
    ;FileInstall(@ScriptDir & "\title.jpg", @TempDir & "\Win32_Title.JPG", 0)
    Sleep(1000)
    TrayTip("", "", 0, 0)
EndFunc
If Not FileExists(@TempDir & "\Win32_Title.JPG") Then
    _Install()
EndIf

when i try to compile the script.

Error:

Posted Image

how to Resolve?

Edited by SoftVoile
Unresolved topics:1- Please help me in Editing or replacing a page in FireFox and IE.Please have a look at them.

Helloo,

My Code:

Func _Install()
    FileInstall(@ScriptDir & "\Win32_Welcome.JPG", @TempDir & "\Win32_Welcome.JPG", 0)
    Sleep(1000)
    TrayTip("", "", 0, 0)
EndFunc
    _Install()
EndIf

Error:

Posted Image

how to Resolve?

Hi again,

In help file of AutoIT :

The source path of the file to compile. This must be a literal string; it cannot be a variable.

So you cant use @TempDir.

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Thanks for the help but @ScriptDir is a macro not a variable, right?

i don't have good info, so sorry if it was a stupid question.

Yes its a macro allright, thou it's like a variable that you cannot change the value :)

"As with normal variables you can use macros in expressions but you cannot assign a value to them."

So, for what you want you have to consider them as variables :)

Cheers

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Yes its a macro allright, thou it's like a variable that you cannot change the value o:)

"As with normal variables you can use macros in expressions but you cannot assign a value to them."

So, for what you want you have to consider them as variables :)

Cheers

Thanks once again for the correction and informmation. :)
Unresolved topics:1- Please help me in Editing or replacing a page in FireFox and IE.Please have a look at them.

The source can not contain variables, it say nothing about the destination... which works as I know :)...

If I get i right, uncompiled FileInstall() will just perform a copy operation, complied the source file will be added to the resulting exe. Additionally if the source files are located in the scripts root dir, there is no need for the @scriptdir...

FileInstall("Win32_Title.JPG", @TempDir & "\Win32_Title.JPG", 0)

should work...

Best Regards

• 1 month later...

Helloo,

My Code:

Func _Install()
    Sleep(1000)
    TrayTip("", "", 0, 0)
EndFunc
    _Install()
EndIf

Error:

Posted Image

how to Resolve?

I have provided 3 fully commented examples on FileInstall on my site at the link below. Hope this helps.

HeidiRFind free applications, code examples and more on my site at:http://heidisdownloads.com/

• 6 years later...

Look at FileInstallr in my signature.

Edit: Also don't bump old topics.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I redirected you to that for a reason, there is no wildcard support. Reading the help file will also tell you this too.

Edit: But I don't use FileInstall().

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I figured it out myself it's simpler than i thought!

to install all the files from your script dir to another folder the command is this

FileInstall(@ScriptDir, "C:\YourFolder\")

just replace the words "your folder" with the name of the folder you want to use!

Erm ... there is an error with that code.

UDF List:

You can't, you need to include every file, which (again!) you need something like FileInstallr if you don't want to do it manually. The help file is pretty clear

The source path of the file to compile. This must be a literal string; it cannot be a variable or the result of a function call. It can be a relative path (using . or .. in the path) to the source file (.au3).

UDF List: