POST request

Would it be possible to get the same data as I would from this line in javascript?

{receiveReq.open("GET", 'newchat.php', true);

I don't know much about this topic... so... yeah.

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

I believe you'll find that receiveReq is a function, not a standard Javascript call - so no, can't help you with that tiny bit of information.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

So, what would be alternative way to get that info? I originally had a window that got that info, displayed it, and then using autoit, got that text with _IEPropertyGet($oTextBox, "innertext")

But it turned out to be not so efficient, getting the info second-hand.

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

Look up Obj/com in your help file, the reference part of it give the example:

$oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")

$oHTTP.Open("GET","http://www.AutoItScript.com")

$oHTTP.Send()

$HTMLSource = $oHTTP.Responsetext

So, what would be alternative way to get that info? I originally had a window that got that info, displayed it, and then using autoit, got that text with _IEPropertyGet($oTextBox, "innertext")

But it turned out to be not so efficient, getting the info second-hand.

You'll need to study the webpage, find the javascript function, open it, read it, understand it, figure out what to do with it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hey, awesome, I got 1 step closer, I'm getting something.

But I think my answer lies in the requestheader:

application/x-www-form-urlencoded

EDIT:

nevermind, that's not the problem. How do I send post? I guess it's just $oHTTP.Send("loginname","namehere")?

err... okay, nevermind, using AzKay's funtion thingy, how do i do this, it only has one parameter for data so how do I tell it that what I'm sending is a loginname?

Edited by VindicatorOmega