Siebel Automation - Information Extraction

I am creating a program that will extract information from an extensive Siebel application. I am able to automate almost everything as there are menu links to most screens from the File Menu tool bar, however, I really don't like using location based mouse clicks to click a couple of the buttons on the application just in case during updates the buttons move or the user has their buttons in a different location as 300+ people will use my application. Easily I can get auto it to pull from the edit fields, but when I try to make it click using control click functions it does not work. In addition, I am unable to pull information from Tables without having to use tabs and arrow automation for the same reason I am unable to get control clicks to work.

Is this a known issue that someone could enlighten me on? I will post more specifics if necessary but I'm hoping someone knows exactly what I'm going through on this one.

Thanks!

I am creating a program that will extract information from an extensive Siebel application. I am able to automate almost everything as there are menu links to most screens from the File Menu tool bar, however, I really don't like using location based mouse clicks to click a couple of the buttons on the application just in case during updates the buttons move or the user has their buttons in a different location as 300+ people will use my application. Easily I can get auto it to pull from the edit fields, but when I try to make it click using control click functions it does not work. In addition, I am unable to pull information from Tables without having to use tabs and arrow automation for the same reason I am unable to get control clicks to work.

Is this a known issue that someone could enlighten me on? I will post more specifics if necessary but I'm hoping someone knows exactly what I'm going through on this one.

Thanks!

Hi,

It will better to put source of your script if you want :)

If ControlClick or other things dont works like you say try send on your window :

Send("{TAB}");Jump to new control
Send("{ENTER}");Click on a button

However its the last solution if all dont work :)

Hi,

It will better to put source of your script if you want :)

If ControlClick or other things dont works like you say try send on your window :

Send("{TAB}");Jump to new control
Send("{ENTER}");Click on a button

However its the last solution if all dont work :)

I found image search posts and went with that approach instead. Problem partially solved. I would still rather directly control the buttons rather than rely on image search because it isn't 100%. If anyone has automated Siebel before I would greatly appreciate their input.

• 3 weeks later...

English

Now as effective as Imagesearch was Autoit with. I too have been trying to automate Siebel, but it's complicated and I can not access the objects.

Spanish

Ahora lo más efectivo es Autoit con Imagesearch. Yo también he estado intentado automatizar siebel, pero es complicado y no se puede acceder a los objetos.