Launch Windows XP shutdown dialog

Mitt

I am trying to write a script that prompts the user with a message box warning them about saving their files to a removable disk before shutting down the computer and need a way to launch the shutdown dialog (the standard shutdown screen from the shutdown button on the start menu) after the user presses ok to the message box. Is there a way to call that shutdown dialog from within and AutoIt script? The one thing I found was a way to launch the dialog from VBscript or VB.net

vb script:
<script language="VBScript">
    function fnShellShutdownWindowsVB()
        dim objShell

set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
        objShell.ShutdownWindows

set objShell = nothing
    end function
 </script>

Visual Basic:

Private Sub fnShellShutdownWindowsVB()
    Dim objShell As Shell

Set objShell = New Shell
    objShell.ShutdownWindows

Set objShell = Nothing
End Sub
Edited by Mitt

Func fnShellShutdownWindowsVB()
    Local $objShell = ObjCreate("Shell.Application")
    $objShell.ShutdownWindows
EndFunc

Did you ever think of that?

Or you could use the inbuilt function ShutDown.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Richard, no I didn't think of that. I am very new to AutoIt and don't know all the ins and outs, hence the reason I asked in the forums. Thank you for your reply, although a little it seemed to be a little rude. You don't have to be a prick when answering questions that might be simple to you.