DLLcall to GSMS

GsmsCtrl is an ActiveX control to control a GSM-modem device for sending/receiving SMS using standard GSM-AT Commands protocol. Written by GIANT Technology.

I have downloaded their file "GSmsCtrl.dll" and I have placed it in the same folder as the script below:

$result = DllCall("GSmsCtrl.dll", "none", "open")

MsgBox(1, "Debug", @error)

An errorcode 3 is displayed: the function "open" is not found in the DLL file.

I have the feeling that I a overlooking something. Or possibly I am simply ignorant in thinking that I can simply call this DLL file this way. Can anybody please give me a hint?

Tom

This is an ActiveX-Control.

You have to register it with regsvr32

and then create an object with ObjCreate("THEOBJECTNAME")

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

This is an ActiveX-Control.

You have to register it with regsvr32

and then create an object with ObjCreate("THEOBJECTNAME")

Thank you, ProgAndy, for pointing me in the right direction. Nevertheless, I am still strugling with this. The first step, registering the DLL file with regsvr32, worked fine. But the second step, creating an object witj ObjCreate, is beyond my limited capabilities. More than 40 year ago, I was a skilled programmer using "streamline" languages like Fortran and Cobol and Assembler. Since then, I lost track with the technology and now at the age of 65 I try to pick it up again. Not surprisingly, the Basic-like elements of AutoIT are the parts that I understand best. But anything that refers to "Objects" scares me a bit....

I tried to find an example in the AutoIT forums where an ObjeCreate is used with some (other) ActiveX-Control, but I could not find one. Could you give me an example?

Thank you for your help and for your patience!

Tom

You can find one in the helpfile: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/f...s/ObjCreate.htm

or e.g. here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38663

the syntax is similar to CreateObj from VBScript, i think :)

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes