Working with vista media center

greg613

I'm working on a project in which I control my VFD display on my HTPC. Currenty the software they have provided for it does not work well with vista 64bit. I have no problems controling the VFD display. My problem is getting information from vista media center. Like getting the current position of the media playing or getting the current song or video file thats playing. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this information? Such as reading VMC's memory to get this?

You could maybe use CheatEngine to find the memory Addres's of these values and then use the NomdadMemory UDF to display them in your script.

Or maybe even use ControlGetText.

Thanks for the info :) hopefully I can get what I want with CheatEngine, if anyone has any other ideas let me know. ControlgetText doesn't find anything with VMC

• 4 weeks later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media...ion_development

Windows Media Center was designed as a programmable platform; other programs can tie into the Media Center UI using the WMC API, which is provided as a managed API. The functionality of Windows Media Center can be extended by three different types of applications....

Hopefully you can find some more information about it yourself.