A Few AutoIt Questions

1) Is there a way to use a proxy in AutoIt with messengers like MSN, Ventrilo, AIM, Etc?

2) Is there a way to create one of the Browse/Save/Find File Dialog Boxes(like in Notepad when you go to Save As)and getting the file path in AutoIt.

3) Is there a way to save settings that the user specifies after they close an AutoIt program?

1) Is there a way to use a proxy in AutoIt with messengers like MSN, Ventrilo, AIM, Etc?

2) Is there a way to create one of the Browse/Save/Find File Dialog Boxes(like in Notepad when you go to Save As)and getting the file path in AutoIt.

3) Is there a way to save settings that the user specifies after they close an AutoIt program?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) dono Edit : Maybe HttpSetProxy and FtpSetProxy but probably not.

2) FileSaveDialog , FileOpenDialog

3) maybe writing an .ini?

Edited by killaz219

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do a RegWrite() of the data to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER section of the system registry before the script closes.

You'd build your script so that it would read that data if it was present with a RegRead() and use it for whatever.

; Read saved value if it exists
$foo = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blah", "Path")
; Pre-populate folder browser with what was read (or nothing)
$foo = FileSelectFolder("Pick a folder, Lucky.", "", 2, $foo)
; Save the user's input to be read next time
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blah", "Path", "REG_SZ", $foo)

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

• Developers

Anyone know about #1.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dunno about others but i for sure don't understand the question.

Don't understand the link between MSN&Proxies and Autoit .....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I am asking if AutoIt can set automate setting the proxy while using those type of programs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

Example?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I was just mocking your terse posting style.

Sure, if you can help me understand what you're trying to do (get help if you need to or post in your native language and I'll get a translation), then yes, I'll give you an example.

Do you need to adjust the Internet Explorer proxy settings depending on which app you're using? I'm sorry, I don't understand what needs to be achieved.

You've got to help us help you, Encryption.

Ok...I tried to explain it pretty well, but I failed, so lets explain by steps.

When I use a messenger program, like Ventrilo for example, instead of them seeing my normal IP, I want them to see my proxy. Could I set a proxy like that on a Chat client, instead of an explorer, with AutoIt. And if I can't anybody know a way to in C++, or a tutorial on it. I tried to google, but nothing seems to point to the problem I am having.

Ok...I tried to explain it pretty well, but I failed, so lets explain by steps.

When I use a messenger program, like Ventrilo for example, instead of them seeing my normal IP, I want them to see my proxy.  Could I set a proxy like that on a Chat client, instead of an explorer, with AutoIt.  And if I can't anybody know a way to in C++, or a tutorial on it.  I tried to google, but nothing seems to point to the problem I am having.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AFAIK, each chatter can use a different proxy, you could configure it by the chatter's options menu, or (assuming) by the tweaking the proper registry settings. I was bored one day and had Y! using proxy X, MSN on proxy Y, and ICQ with my real IP showing.

And I never touched Internet Explorer's proxy settings. Everything was handled internaly within the chatters.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

You can change the proxy it uses in the registry... very simply... atleast for IE.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.