ResHacker project

trancexx

yay for updates

the sise of the treeview is always the same sise of the veiw window. this would be better as custom or like 1:2

also reshacker would translate the script from hex to code, and it would display a preveiw in the bottom corner.

good work so far

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Really great program! I am looking forward to the point where we can edit the resources :)

Executables can be opened just fine, but the prog crashes when I open a dll. The error message says:

"Resources: ResourcesViewer.exe - Component not found"

"[...] MFC70.dll wasn't found [...]" (The [...] means there's just windows' silly text that has no use)

When I click OK, another message pops up, saying "Error" and "Unable to load module".

Then, the dll doesn't open, it is just like before, so the file from before is still opened (or none of course).

[font="Courier New"]http://RomanK.hondadesigns.com[/font]

Reshacker may look shabby and outdated these days, but there is a great deal going on under the hood.

I would not hold your breath for a Full implementation of its abilities in Au3 if I were you guys,

Particularly how it handles complex data like Forms, both c and Delphi.

Top 3 res editing software::

Reshacker , Restorator , PE Explorer.

Top work though trancexx :)

Edited by Mobius

wtfpl-badge-1.png

That may be true but so far I didn't encounter any unsolvable problem (while) writing this.

To tell you the truth I don't see any of those types of problems that would prevent full implementation of ResHacker's capabilities here.

I think you'll be supprised when you see this having more useful features than it's paragon, eventually. For example compiling resource dlls out of thin air (sounded good in my head :) ).

Only limitation that I see is kernel32.dll used (XP -> Vista).

@RomanK, that problem appears to be generated on lower level and therefore hard to be affected being this high. My wild guess is that you tried to view some file that is compressed (protected) with for example Themida or some other similar software. Or maybe some non win32 file.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Yeah, a UDF would be great, especially icon extraction :)

it already has icon extraction.

i would like to be able to set the treeview width,

maby a preview of msgboxex would be nice

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

it already has icon extraction.

i would like to be able to set the treeview width,

maby a preview of msgboxex would be nice

I know, but it's kinda hard to get the code out of the source and make it work :) That's why a UDF would be very useful .

[size="2"]SFXMaker[/size] - The most complete switchless installer creator software[indent][/indent]

You should be more specific. How would that UDF look like (flowchart)? If you mannage to make a flowchart then it's doable.

Btw, new script is attached to the first post.

Main characteristics are unicode and added RT_VERSION support. Those two things are very, very important.

- a propos RT_VERSION: interesting thing is to see that AutoIt executables does not have proper FileType markers and for example firefox.exe too. Latter one is marked as DLL.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

hmmm... flowchart...

lets see if i am able to come up with something...

what about this:

_getresnames($file, $restype)

retrieves res names, and put them in a variable

_extractres($file, $resname)

extracts resources by the name gotten by the first function ^^

just a quick thingy man, i am not good at this stuff, nor did i ever made a UDF :)

Damian666

Edited by damian666
and proud of it!!!

hmmm... flowchart...

lets see if i am able to come up with something...

what about this:

_getresnames($file, $restype)

retrieves res names, and put them in a variable

_extractres($file, $resname)

extracts resources by the name gotten by the first function ^^

just a quick thingy man, i am not good at this stuff, nor did i ever made a UDF :D

Damian666

go with the flow, lol

more... dammit!

anyway... new script in the first post.

Animated icons and cursors are viewable/saveable now.

It was very hard to find documentation for these two, especially animated icons. This makes it pretty unique tool.

I actually found one animated icon (as resource of logon.scr - winXP/system32 - check it). It's moving icon :o

There is tooltip on them with all available data (as on any viewable resource)

Another improvement is usage of LoadLibraryEx function to load files. This should nullify some previous limitations (@RomanK, try it now).

Also, compressed icons are dealt with. They can be saved (viewed only on systems that support them - e.g. Vista).

There is more, but I just can't remember what... :)

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

@Zedna

My real Czech name is "Zedník" (it's translation to English is "bricklayer")

and some of my friends call me "Zedňa"

I know Zedna in English sounds strange but in Czech Zedňa sounds good :-)

I find this name so nice :)

Cheers, FireFox.

go with the flow, lol

more... dammit!

trust me man, if i could i would.

but i cant, cant get my mind around it :)

i can only give the examples as above, but the real thing... nope :o

and i would only want those two functions, rest is not really needed for me, so maybe someone other can complete it ^^

still great job man :D

Damian666

and proud of it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

New script - first post.

Extraction values for icons are available for every icon that can be extracted. Both name and ordinal value. This is needed for functions like GUICtrlSetImage(), GUICtrlCreateIcon() etc. or when you want to extract some icon(s) using various functions.

Also, resizing controls is completely new. It's almost beautiful :)

Thing or two more - I've made comment in first post.

If you are interested, check it. Looking really good, to my opinion of course. :lmao:

I plan to add compiling part to make one bigger script soon.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE